Swimming in the pools during the fall in CAN/USA

When cruising the New England/Eastern Canada region in the fall (Sep/Oct) is the weather warm enough to be able to swim in the ship's swimming pool? What about beaches in the various port cities (Boston, Halifax etc.)?

We sailed Carnival Glory and all their pools were heated. (some more so than others). They also had one 'adult' pool that is indoors, like a solarium, so the sun heats everything up. It was like a sauna in there at times, but compared to being outdoors, in the fog, it was a welcome addition.

Cheers

Len

• 3 weeks later...

It depends on the summer. This summer was very, very hot so you can most definitely swim at the beaches. HOWEVER keep in mind that it is the north Atlantic. What we maritimers consider great swimming weather could curdle the blood of others. Anything over 65 and we are in!

It depends on the summer. This summer was very, very hot so you can most definitely swim at the beaches. HOWEVER keep in mind that it is the north Atlantic. What we maritimers consider great swimming weather could curdle the blood of others. Anything over 65 and we are in!

I can attest to that. Growing up I used to swim in the ocean in temperatures that I wouldn't even consider today.

My guess is you'll get to swim in the heated pool on board... but won't want to swim in the ocean even if it's a nice warm day. 65f water temps are just too cold.

Archived