Breakaway Buffet For Dinner

CK77

How is the Dinner Buffet on the Breakaway during the evening?

Details??

I’ll admit that both my wife and I enjoy a good Dinner Buffet. On our two previous cruises, we ate more in the Buffet for Dinner than in the MDR’s. It’s nice to just relax and dig in and come and go as we please.

We’ve sailed on the Princess Caribbean and the RCL Explorer of the Seas and found that we preferred the Buffet on the Princess Caribbean more. On Princess, they gave you some pretty good buffet food and you could actually make a good meal for Dinner. My Favorite was the Roast Turkey with Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes and Cranberry sauce. (getting hungry typing this) :p

On RCL, it was just ok with lots of the same food choices on different nights. The food was ok, but Princess did a better job as the quality of the food and the choices were better.

I am looking forward to trying the two specialty Steakhouses on the Breakaway. :D

Thanks

I guess I'll find out soon enough LOL. Thanks

Please share details/specifics as to food choices when you return as I'd like to know myself. We normally eat in the dining rooms on other ships, but sounds like from some other reviews buffet may be just as good as MDR's on this ship, so may try that!

debbie

How is the Dinner Buffet on the Breakaway during the evening?

Details??

I’ll admit that both my wife and I enjoy a good Dinner Buffet. On our two previous cruises, we ate more in the Buffet for Dinner than in the MDR’s. It’s nice to just relax and dig in and come and go as we please.

We’ve sailed on the Princess Caribbean and the RCL Explorer of the Seas and found that we preferred the Buffet on the Princess Caribbean more. On Princess, they gave you some pretty good buffet food and you could actually make a good meal for Dinner. My Favorite was the Roast Turkey with Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes and Cranberry sauce. (getting hungry typing this) :p

On RCL, it was just ok with lots of the same food choices on different nights. The food was ok, but Princess did a better job as the quality of the food and the choices were better.

I am looking forward to trying the two specialty Steakhouses on the Breakaway. :D

Thanks

Sailed the breakaway in June and was entirely pleased with buffet for all meals! Very wide selection of meals. High quality food and great service. Many of the food items are the same as at the MDRs since there's only one main kitchen!

Just off breakaway, we went for dinner buffet on Monday, which was seafood nite. I was less than impressed, other than the lobster I didn't really like anything. Because of that, we only went back for lunch or breakfast. I prefered the food better at the sit down places. Side note.. I believe it was Friday nite after fireworks, the buffet had out snacks ( nachos and cheese, salsa etc) all of that was great! Plus they had a lot of desserts out .

Just off breakaway, we went for dinner buffet on Monday, which was seafood nite. I was less than impressed, other than the lobster I didn't really like anything. Because of that, we only went back for lunch or breakfast. I prefered the food better at the sit down places. Side note.. I believe it was Friday nite after fireworks, the buffet had out snacks ( nachos and cheese, salsa etc) all of that was great! Plus they had a lot of desserts out .

Offering lobster tails at the dinner buffet one night is something new. How did you like it? Are they steamed tails with drawn butter avail. or some other preparation? More info, pls!

Also to the OP - at least walk through to see what they're offering since they have different carvery items everyday.

Will never forget the whole roast suckling pig on the Gem one night in the Garden Cafe. They had some great (and different) offerings. Can't speak directly to Breakaway on that though since I haven't yet been on.

Offering lobster tails at the dinner buffet one night is something new. How did you like it? Are they steamed tails with drawn butter avail. or some other preparation? More info' date=' pls!

Also to the OP - at least walk through to see what they're offering since they have different carvery items everyday.

Will never forget the whole roast suckling pig on the Gem one night in the Garden Cafe. They had some great (and different) offerings. Can't speak directly to Breakaway on that though since I haven't yet been on.[/quote']

It was lobster tails, and small, they only handed you two. If you wanted more you had to go wait in the long line. I know there was melted butter , which I just poured on my tail. Not sure what else they offered, or if they did for the lobster.

It was lobster tails, and small, they only handed you two. If you wanted more you had to go wait in the long line. I know there was melted butter , which I just poured on my tail.

But what did you put on the lobster???:eek:

Lobster was fed to prisoners long ago...it was looked upon as lower level food.

Personally, I don't care for Lobster, so that's one night we'll do a speciality Restaurant. Wife can get Fresh Lobster at the local

Market, so frozen tail is no biggie to her.

Archived