Need Creative Ideas!

new.b.cruiser

I wish I had some ideas but what I have read so far, far exceeds what I could come up with.

But I just had to say that my sister, a friend, and I just came back from a four-day trip to Montreal and Quebec (via tour bus from Louisiana) and we feel in love with Canada. As my brother says, we have made many "rocking chair memories."

:) Fun! I am so glad you love Canada. Montreal really is such a great city. I myself have only been to a few states (New York, Florida, and my boyfriend and I drove to South Carolina one summer just out of the blue. It was lovely! and the people were just so friendly, we stayed for about 2 weeks.

If you aren't telling her until you're in Ft Lauderdale, make sure she has the appropriate paper work, either a passport that is good for 6 months after the cruise or an official birth certificate with the raised gov seal - NOT a photocopy! You'll need to figure out how to get those secretly in advance so everything is in order when you go to board. If you don't have it to board, they won't let you board the ship and most likely you won't get your money back. It might be easier to let her in on the secret now. I personally LOVE being able to look forward to the trip, to plan and be addicted to cruise critic lol

Ditto on the importance of the above.

How about enclosing her cruise surprise in a little toy boat with a bow on it?

You are a special daughter, have a great and meaningful cruise with mom!

Hi,

So I am surprising my mom with a cruise for her 50th Birthday this October. The cruise, excursions, flights, etc are booked... Now I need to come up with a creative birthday card to surprise her. I have a couple ideas but would really like all of yours! My 1st idea is to have a card of the ship with 2 arrows pointing in that say You & Me, then on the inside surprise! (bla bla bla) 2nd is a card that says ''You're Cruizin into your 50's... literally'' then inside surprise! (bla bla bla) ...

Any ideas are appreciated!

I'm reading this picturing an aging mother, and then realized that I'll be 50 in 3 years! My kids will be too young to take me cruising though!

I'm reading this picturing an aging mother, and then realized that I'll be 50 in 3 years! My kids will be too young to take me cruising though!

LOL! sometime you think of an age as old, until you turn that age or know someone who is and realize it so isn't! My mom is going to be a young 50, and had her 3 kids in her early 20's.. Maybe your kids can take you on a cruise for your 60th :)

Archived