Difference/preference on Sky loft Suites on Allure

So I am contemplating booking a sky loft for our family of four for a special trip next year. Looking at the deck plans--1718 appears to be on the side while 1720 appears to be a corner and I am hoping/guessing has a slightly larger balcony area? Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

So I am contemplating booking a sky loft for our family of four for a special trip next year. Looking at the deck plans--1718 appears to be on the side while 1720 appears to be a corner and I am hoping/guessing has a slightly larger balcony area? Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Chuck we have stayed in both suites that you are asking about. 1720 has a larger and more square balcony with a great view of the active sports deck, mini golf as well as the ocean. 1718 has a longer and narrow balcony, with a quieter ocean view. We preferred 1720.

For inside space the lower areas are fairly equalled. For the bedroom loft 1718 is the better room of the two. 1718 has a nice wall mounted tv, a well designed dresser and closet area which give it the advantage. 1718 has about a third more space than that of 1720 in the loft area.

Where 1720 fails is in design issues in the loft area. The space is smaller in this room. The washroom door hits the bed as it doesn't have enough room to fully swing. The TV lowers from the ceiling on an actuator which is rather noisy in the day time and worse when your DW is sleeping at night. But if you leave it down the steel edge of it is lower then my head level and I am 5'9". I wouldn't want to hit my head on it. It is in the walking path so it could easily happen. The other problem with 1720 is the upstairs closet is only half useable as there is an access panel I think for the water shutoff for the upstairs bedroom. I needed to keep all my clothing downstairs and I only had one suitcase weighing 42lbs.

Our cabin steward actually hit her head on the TV in the past and you could see the scar on her forehead.

We sail on Saturday and we did choose 1720 over 1718. This time we have our DS with us and he too likes the active view from the better balcony. If you are travelling with friends and you need personal night space 1718 might be better.

Now the two rooms do adjoin so you could book both and really compare the two rooms. :D If we weren't sailing Saturday I'd post some pics for you. Have fun choosing.

Andrew

Archived