Time to actually clean up Millenium!!!

robin111

Hopefully they will use the next 4 weeks to either clean and replace all worn furniture ,bedding , elevator buttons that and worn out, rust, mildew in bathrooms both public and in cabins, pool furniture, etc.

As much as I love the ship I agree

1. Worn furniture

2. Elevator buttons that are broken and dont illuminate

3. Elevator floor indicators that are broken

4. Door frames that are filthy and covered in corrosion

5. Rust all over windows

6. Crazed and faded window tint in restaurants and public rooms

7. Showers in the solarium pool that have no hot water

8. Black mould

9. Faded light globes.

10. Azipods:mad:

11. Clocks on deck that simply dont work

For a 14 year old ship they didnt really renovate much in 2012 drydock apart from adding more revenue for the company and new carpets

:confused:

The engines aren't the only tired worn parts! We were on the Xmas/New years sailing from Hong Kong - Singapore and were very disappointed. While the itinerary was amazing we boarded expecting a solsticized ship. Yes they added a few revenue areas- BUT---there were so many neglected areas as well. Cabins and hallways with worn carpet, dirty stained bedding in cabins, totally outdated bathrooms in public areas as well as cabins. Lounge chairs that were rusty and worn, elevator buttons so worn you couldn't see floor number,the list could go on and on.

We also had a huge outbreak of norovirus which seemed to continue on many cruises after. How ship passed any inspections is questionable.... Certainly not a clean looking ship. Hoping they step up to the plate and give the Millenium the facelift her passengers deserve or replace it with one of the newer ships! She has amazing itineraries ...... but sailing on a ship with anything other than perfect engines and a clean well maintained ship is unacceptable!

I am so sad for Millennium and Celebrity. When I cruised on it in 2003, it was the most beautiful of any I have ever sailed before....or after, for that matter. But even then the propulsion system had problems. So much so, that I have never been on a Celebrity ship again. The vibration and other issues were horrific. However, I am giving it a go again next spring on an aft corner suite of the Silhouette. I am looking so forward to it and at this point I am confident that we stand a very good chance of having an experience less problematic.

Archived