kusadasi Port Jeweller

Just a word of warning, bought a ring there couple of weeks back. price was in euros, now home credit card bill is in pounds. A stone has come out of ring, and the details on sale receipt are false! Have contacted credit card company today, but not holding breath. It is the first shop as you enter the port and they are rather persuasive! My husband was desperate to buy me something and he got sucked in:( poor wee soul! Anyway not wanting anyone to get ripped off and other reviews I have come across are not good, so please, beware! :rolleyes:

it's not just the jewellers, we went to an optician in kusadasi when we were on majesty in July. Because he said we could have glasses in an hour my husband got his eyes tested and agreed 2 pairs of glasses for £300. We returned and he asked for receipt back to get our name etc . Got the glasses husband delighted asked if receipt and prescription were in bag told yes. When we returned home I checked cc account to find he had charged £3000. Contacted cc company who said to google him to get phone number, this I did only to find its a scam he has been doing for years. His name is Peker Optek

Now to cut a long story short my credit card company (tesco) say that as it was chip and pin I have no come back (I am almost sure it wasn't £3000) but he kept receipt so have no proof. Also this transaction took me over my credit limit

But tesco says as it was chip and pin they would assume it was me. What is the point of credit limits?? I had no notification from tesco about the transaction surely it would have flagged up?

The also had the cheek to charge me £12 for going over my limit! I phoned to complain and that has been returned.

I have contacted the financial ombudsman who have contacted tesco but I still have no written info from them as to how my case is going I only know it was denied because I phoned and was told a letter was in the post. Still waiting!,,

Archived