help for fishing tours

margeg

Anyone know of any fishing tours out of Domenica, Barbados, Margarita Island, or St. Thomas,??? Going on Sun Princess and none of their tours list fishing.

They had one deep sea out of Cozumel when we went on the Carib Princess last month but they were all booked up.

My DH doesn't use the cruise line fishing tour but he researches the internet using the Google search for charters at each port and uses them instead. He went on one fishing trip throught the cruise line and vowed never again, too many people and not enough time to fish or the one time it was cancelled due to not having 4 people able to go. He goes by himself now and enjoys himself. Good luck.

Debbie

My DH doesn't use the cruise line fishing tour but he researches the internet using the Google search for charters at each port and uses them instead. He went on one fishing trip throught the cruise line and vowed never again, too many people and not enough time to fish or the one time it was cancelled due to not having 4 people able to go. He goes by himself now and enjoys himself. Good luck.

Debbie

Debbie,

We are taking a Southern CC on the Serenade of the Seas. MY husband wants to go deep sea finishing. RC offers an excurions in St. Lucia. Does your husband have any suggestions for any of the other islands? St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Bridgetown Barbados. I will not be going on the fishing trip but I want to make sure he gets his trip this year. :) He tried to go this year when we were at an AI in Jamaica but there weren't enough people for a trip. He was so dissappointed. If you have any suggestions I would really appreciate your input. I want to surprise him with this as part of his Christmas present!

Love2vacation, I hate to disappoint you but he hasn't fished in any of those ports. We haven't been to St. Lucia and if I remember correctly St. Thomas & St. Marten were very high for a charter. He usually fishes alone so he normally finds a boat around $400 to $500 for a full day. We're also doing the Southern Caribbean in October but he's going to be fishing in Aruba which you don't have listed. He's researching the charter companies now and hasn't decided on which one yet.

If you go under the Ports of Call board for any of those islands see if they have a local person who might be able to help you. I know in St. Thomas it's a man called Islander.

Debbie

Debbie,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am looking under the ports of call, since I have several months I should be able to find something. I think he will want to do a half day so we can enjoy some part of the island together. I would be pretty happy to stay on the ship and catch some sun while he is off fishing, or go with a group to the beach. I recently found this site via the RC website and the CC site has been so helpful. Thanks for your help.

Judi

Debbie,

We are taking a Southern CC on the Serenade of the Seas. MY husband wants to go deep sea finishing. RC offers an excurions in St. Lucia. Does your husband have any suggestions for any of the other islands? St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Bridgetown Barbados. I will not be going on the fishing trip but I want to make sure he gets his trip this year. :) He tried to go this year when we were at an AI in Jamaica but there weren't enough people for a trip. He was so dissappointed. If you have any suggestions I would really appreciate your input. I want to surprise him with this as part of his Christmas present!

Hi Love to; We had the same problem. Booked up for deep sea fishing tour in Cozumel. I have not been able to find anything on line.

We are going on the Sun Princess in Jan 06. Pretty much the same islands as you.

Please let me know if you find anything and I will do the same.

Margeg, who are you using in Cozumel? My DH used Albatross and was very happy with them. We were there for a week and they picked him up right at our resort.

Debbie

Debbie, Thanks but we just got back from Cozumel. We tried to book through our ship, but they were all booked up. So we did not go.

Archived