Birthday in Mexico - Paradise

carps09

My husband and I are going on our first cruise and his birthday falls during the trip. We'll be in Cozumel on the Carnival Paradise. I'd like to do something extra special for his birthday - what can I do? Can I order something through the Cruise Line or arrange for a surprise excursion? Thanks for your help!

You can decorate your room, buy a birthday cake to be delivered to your room or dining room table on his birthday, book an excursion or strawberries and wine. Look at the Bon Voyage or gift section on Carnival's website to see what suits your fancy and your budget. I'm sure he will be thrilled with your surprise.

If you drop a note to the cruise director off at Guest Services they will get it to him/her. They will mention his birthday during the morning TV show and send a 14k Piece of Ship on a Stick with a note to your cabin.

Also, as mentioned, if you tell the wait staff or matre 'd they will sing Happy Birthday during dessert and if you order a cake from Bon Voyage you can have it delivered to the table during dessert.

We were on a cruise this past January on my birthday and my wife did all of this for me.

My husband had his birthday on Paradise in May. I brought my own decorations and hung them up while he was in the shower. It was a lot cheaper than buying the room decorations from the cruise line. :)

ry%3D480

I didn't mention that it was his birthday to anyone because I knew he would be embarrassed by the singing waiters. But our room steward left him a birthday card. That was a nice surprise.

On one of my birthdays, my husband ordered a cake for me. The problem is that you get so much other food on a cruise and I don't think if we even ate it.

Here's a link to the "gift shop" on Carnival's website:

http://www.carnival.com/Funshops?icid=CC_ccl-manage-cruise-TFS-icon-header_1257

Archived