Food on the Golden Princess

gazzas127

Yes it is exactly the same menu and good quality food. You just go to the dining room at the time of your choice and are seated like a restaurant from there the dining experiance is the same. we really like Pc dining!

• 2 weeks later...

We were just on the Golden....same menu as traditional seating. Great food!!!!

Personal Choice is was great. We dined about 720ish each night & only had to wait once.. .for about 5 minutes on our 10 day cruise. You also get a choice if you want to dine with others or just the party you are with. We loved that too. Princess will also cork an unfinished bottle of wine & keep it until you dine again. It does not matter which dinning room you are in.

yeah, same exact food.

Just to ass something, I wouldn't recommend the Italian specialty dining club. All it is is just 9 courses of food you can find elsewhere on the ship. The service is kind of slow. They have it set up so groups in the dining room are served the same courses at the same time, so you are waiting for everyone to finish. This was kind of annoying as we were a table for two and while we not in a rush, it's obvious we were going at a faster pace than the family reunion table. We did not try Sterling Steakhouse, but I wasn't really impressed by the room. It looks like a Ruby Tuesdays in there!

We liked personal choice. We ended up bonding with our water and his assistant the first night, so we asked for them at a table for 2 every night. Sometimes we had to wait, but this was not a huge issue.

We really enjoyed personal choice and my boyfriend-at-the-time loved talking wine with the maitre'd. This was the first time I've ever really interract with one. They seemed to really coddle over wine lovers (and buyers!) in the dining room.

Archived