Cruising on a Norwegian ship over New Years

charlotte2013

Has anyone had any experience cruising with NCL over New Years. We are looking at booking a cruise this New Years but was wondering what NCL do to celebrate this time? Are there any parties for all of the passengers? I cruised with princess last year during the summer and their deck party was so much fun I think it would be great if NCL did something like that and was wondering if they do?

Thanks in advance

We did New Years on the Gem in 2009. There were parties all over the ship, the biggest being at the pool deck. They had ice sculptures, part favors, and a celebratory glass of champagne. The captain came over the loudspeaker and counted down the final ten seconds and blew the ship's horn at midnight. People were in all sorts of fancy dress (if you wanted) such as tuxes and evening gowns. It was fun.

Edited by Fins2theleft

I've been on three New Year's cruises on NCL. The ship is decorated throughout and it's a really fun time. As the OP stated, there is a party in nearly every venue and they give out favors and hats. They also have special events for families.

Enjoy!

Tracy

We were on the Gem this past new years and the whole ship is one big party. The best party was in the main lobby going out of New York it was to cool for an outdoor party. We had a fantastic time, lots of party favors and they poured the champagne at midnight. Have not had as much fun at new years in a long time.

I was on Sky last New Year's. It was so much fun! There were parties all over the ship. Just pick your favorite bar and head there, or party-hop, like we did. There were hats and noisemakers handed out, plus free champagne on the pool deck. The atmosphere was really cool. It's definitely a more expensive cruise than non-holiday times, but it's a great experience if you decide to go for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

On the Spirit out of New York a few years back. Parties as described by others where the same. We crossed a time zone and had 2 Celebrations for midnight. Nowegian supplied thousands of glow sticks. My then 12 year old son took handfuls all of which he activated after in our cabin...it glowed for a couple of days. Fond memories of that vacation!

I'm excited to read all about the New Years cruise. We are sailing on the Star 12/29/13 and can't wait! I have a birthday on 1/1 so im pretty sure there will be ni planned shore excursions that day as I will be sleeping in :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...