gluten free?

bettina

I know you let RC know ahead of time that you need gluten free food, but anybody have (good or bad)experiences in the MDR AND buffet? Will they walk through the buffet with you and let you know what is GF and not GF? Would probably be sailing on Explorer out of NY or Freedom out of Port Canaveral. Any experiences on these ships would be appreciated.

There's a lot on GF on these boards.... and my experience of dining GF on Freedom is in my blog in my sig below.

Wherever you dine you need to give them a heads up on board. In the Main Dining Room let your server know.... as you've told RCCL already they should already be aware. The specific items you can choose will be noted on the menu each night. At breakfast in the MDR let your server know. You can request GF pancakes, french toast, muffins (get the muffins to go for a snack later!). On sea days lunch in the MDR is wonderful.... just be sure to point out to the servers at the Tutti Salad bar that you need GF dressing on that salad.

In the buffet ask to speak to the chef who will walk you through what you can eat. The servers will not know and whilst they will try their best are not necessarily reliable.

You can get GF cupcakes at the Cupcake store (sooooo good!!) and GF pizza at Sorrentos (mnomnmomnmomn).

If you go to a specialty restaurant give them advance warning that you are coming..... Johnny Rockets will have GF buns....

Happy to answer questions.

Just a note on Johnny Rockets on the Freedom: I asked for the gluten free buns, but they didn't have any. They fixed me a burger with all the trimmings wrapped in lettuce. Delicious! I also second NorbertsNiece on the wonderful gluten free cupcakes. You do have to order ahead though.

Archived