Excursion Question

rodrigs4

Help... I am leaving July 10 on the Majesty to St. George. I am going with a group of 13 people. We haven't really gotten together to plan anything. I am wondering if at this point it is too late to try and plan any excursion on my own or if we will get stuck with the ones that are offered by the cruise lines? Does anyone have any sugestions at all and contact information?

Thanks in advance.:confused:

St George is small, easy to navigate on foot. I don't think you need a ship excursion.

I'd recommend:

Walk to Tobacco Bay in the morning. Swim and Snorkel. It is a nice walk, although uphill.

You can walk from there to St Catherines Beach. It is a 20-25 minute walk. It is a nice beach for swimming. You'll pass Achilles Bay on your left before you get to St Catherines. You could visit that also.

Visit Alexandra Battery Park. It is a 15-20 minute walk from St Catherines. This is a small beach with a nice collection of sea glass.

In the afternoon, follow Frommer's guide for a city walking tour. It will give you a nice overview of St George history. We completed the walking tour in 90 minutes. You can get the tour at http://www.frommers.com/destinations/bermuda/0091020034.html.

Good luck

Bermuda is easy to navigate. I would say you should explore on your own.

The bus service is great and you can purchase 2 or 3 day passes just off the ship in the court yard. Also, get all the maps and information you need there. You can do your own touring and save a bunch of money.

Enjoy !!

Archived