Nevis Botanical Garden

TohoCassie

We're dock here in April and were planning on taking the ferry over to Nevis to visit their Botanical Garden. The pictures look wonderful. Has anyone been there before? And do you know how long of a taxi ride it'll take to get from the ferry to the estate? A local already told me that it would take about 30-45 minutes for the ferry ride.

• 1 month later...
We're dock here in April and were planning on taking the ferry over to Nevis to visit their Botanical Garden. The pictures look wonderful. Has anyone been there before? And do you know how long of a taxi ride it'll take to get from the ferry to the estate? A local already told me that it would take about 30-45 minutes for the ferry ride.

How long will you be in port? This is going to be a big factor on visiting Nevis.

The scheduling of the ferry both ways need to be check. My ship arrived into St. Kitts around the time a ferry was leaving for Nevis so I had to wait for the next one.

The ferry ride was at least one hour and factor in the boarding process.

There were plenty of taxis in the port area.

I visited the gardens and would say about 20 minutes (estimate) from the port. Very nice gardens,but I also did a quick island tour.

I had to cut it short because I didn't want to risk missing my ship. I'm glad that I did, got back with about a hour to spare,but with the other ferry, I would had arrived at departure time.

I would only visit Nevis if there was at least 8 hours of time, less than that, just enjoy the beauty of St. Kitts

Archived