Glu or Casa Calma - Buenos Aires

MLinFL

I am considering these 2 hotels which had high ratings on Trip Advisor. However, I would feel better if I could find some info on this forum, but the search engine didn't help me. Does anyone have personal experience with either of these two Buenos Aires Hotels - the Glu Hotel or the Casa Calma Hotel?

Thanks!

Mary Lou

The two neighborhoods could not be more different. Palermo Soho is a trendy part of Palermo Viejo (old palermo). Until 10 years ago the area had begun to deteriorate....but has been gentrified with tons of restaurants, bars, boutique shopping and boutique hotels, such as the Glu....Located 20 to 30 minutes from downtown by taxi. The subway line D also runs to Palermo Soho on Santa Fe.

Casa Calma is in the downtown business district. The name seems something of a misnomer. The area is anything but calm during the day, although it is calm at night when downtown workers go home.

I don't have personal knowledge of either hotel: A suggestion, if no one here can give you a first hand review, ask on the Buenos Aires forum of Trip Advisor (a separate section from the hotel reviews section). You are more likely to get an honest response (some hotel reviews are faked, as you probably know).

Enjoy your time in BA.

The two neighborhoods could not be more different. Palermo Soho is a trendy part of Palermo Viejo (old palermo). Until 10 years ago the area had begun to deteriorate....but has been gentrified with tons of restaurants, bars, boutique shopping and boutique hotels, such as the Glu....Located 20 to 30 minutes from downtown by taxi. The subway line D also runs to Palermo Soho on Santa Fe.

Casa Calma is in the downtown business district. The name seems something of a misnomer. The area is anything but calm during the day, although it is calm at night when downtown workers go home.

I don't have personal knowledge of either hotel: A suggestion, if no one here can give you a first hand review, ask on the Buenos Aires forum of Trip Advisor (a separate section from the hotel reviews section). You are more likely to get an honest response (some hotel reviews are faked, as you probably know).

Enjoy your time in BA.

Thanks for your input. We have been to BA before and done the usual tours. This time we are just coming in pre-cruise and want a place to rest from the long trip and be able to easily walk to restaurants, etc. - safely. Which of these two areas would you suggest?

Mary Lou

Thanks for your input. We have been to BA before and done the usual tours. This time we are just coming in pre-cruise and want a place to rest from the long trip and be able to easily walk to restaurants, etc. - safely. Which of these two areas would you suggest?

Mary Lou

Between the 2 I would take Casa Calma, but being near Avenida 9 de Julio, you might have street noise. A calmer place would be Puerto Madero with probably the safest environment in town. The Hilton is a safe bet, really nice spa and pool area with an excellent, vibrant lobby. The Faena Universe is opulent and unique.

Archived