Price reduction?

kangaand2roos

I am so confused as to when one can or cannot get a price reduction/OBC when the price drops for a cruise. Is it only for those who book ES?

I'm not really expecting a price drop as my cruise is already pretty inexpensive, but I'm just wondering if I should bother watching it. I did not book ES. It was a residency (PA) discount. My cruise is in February and final payment is some time in November.

Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can get price drop until your final payment. With ES you can get price drops until 2 days before sailing. I'm like you, (although I used ES) the price on my cruise is now so cheap, I don't see how it could go any lower! $329 (not inc. taxes and fees) for a 7 day New England/Canada cruise:D

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can get price drop until your final payment. With ES you can get price drops until 2 days before sailing. I'm like you, (although I used ES) the price on my cruise is now so cheap, I don't see how it could go any lower! $329 (not inc. taxes and fees) for a 7 day New England/Canada cruise:D

Mine is $363 out of Baltimore to the Bahamas. I suppose it could drop a bit, but I doubt it. but I will check now and then! Thanks!

Yes, if your cruise price drops for the same rate (residency) or any other rate that you are eligible for (senior, vetern, past guest, etc. etc. etc.) BEFORE final payment DATE (not what date you pay it off) then you can call (no form to submit) carnival and tell them and they should take the amount off of your balance due unless you choose to upgrade. Also, if you have paid your cruise off BUT it is still before final payment date then they should apply OBC to your account but once in awhile I have seen them credit your credit card also.

Enjoy!

Yes, if your cruise price drops for the same rate (residency) or any other rate that you are eligible for (senior, vetern, past guest, etc. etc. etc.) BEFORE final payment DATE (not what date you pay it off) then you can call (no form to submit) carnival and tell them and they should take the amount off of your balance due unless you choose to upgrade. Also, if you have paid your cruise off BUT it is still before final payment date then they should apply OBC to your account but once in awhile I have seen them credit your credit card also.

Enjoy!

Thank you! As I said, I'm not expecting a rate drop, but I'll keep an eye up to that date. Then I'll stop looking! I'm always happy to have an OBC, so either way is fine for me!

Archived