Ncl Star Lax Transfers

platterb

We're deciding whether to book transfers with NCL or via taxi. What were you're experiences regarding airport transfers to and from the Star? How long did it take to/from the Ship and LAX? Approx. what time were you debarking and arriving at the airport. What were the taxi rates?

Thanking you in advance

Arriving: We arrived at LAX in a group of 8 people and had made prior arrangements for a van to take all of us to the pier. Cost for this van for 8 people was about $80 plus tip.

Departing:The cab fare for 2 of us from the pier to LAX was about $50.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Barbara,

Once again we are asking questions about the same cruise

(NCL Star Nov.1, 2005). I've heard that some of the Shuttles stop & pick up people along the way so you can be a little delayed. May be we can meet up on the cruise. Hope you are gleening as much as we are from the boards.

Ellen

Barbara,

You have been the most helpful person from A to Z. You mentioned an Entertainment book with coupons. Is this the Entertainment book that organizations & grocery stores sell for all kinds of discounts? If not, we would be happy to buy your coupon (not sure what it intitles you to). Please advise. Ellen

(sorry you won't be on our ship in Nov.)

Ellen,

I haven't any experience with the Entertainment Coupons. I think there is a thread posting discussing this issue so you may want to check those out.

This will be our 7th NCL cruise so if you have any general questions, I'd be happy to review and respond to the best of my ability.

The only problem I'm having right.............our cruise is still 3 months a way!!

We weren't on the Star, but came in on the Pride of America. We had booked airfare with NCL, and had all transfers. I don't remember how long it took (We went from the ship to LAX) but we found it very convenient. We ended up on the same bus as several of our CC group, so the fun just continued! We picked up our luggage, went a short distance to the bus where the driver loaded it on, we sat back and visited. We were off the ship pretty early and did not wait in any lines at all. Much less hassle than when we got off our ship in Seattle last year and got caught in a long (And pushy) line waiting for taxis.

Have fun! Kristy :)

Barbara thanks for all your help. My husband & I do plan to eat at the extra charge resturants. Do you advise my hubby needs a sport jacket & tie? Do you usually eat alone? Maybe we can meet for drinks one night. We are taking this particular cruise because my husband is a dentist & there is a seminar abord. We have sailed on the Princes & the Celeberty Millineum.

Ellen,

Guess why we've sailed on NCL seven times???? It's because Bill doesn't have to dress for dinner. That's what freestyle is all about. Probably the fanciest is Le Bistro and we have eaten there on both NCL Sun and Spirit. Bill wore dress slacks and oxford shirt, NO TIE or JACKET. I probably wore a nice pants suit.

You said that you also sailed Celebrity Milly as did we. If you ate at the Olympic then you may be somewhat disappointed. Le Bistro is good but I cannot remember a nicer dining experience than the Olympic. But then again you had to dress to the hilt there.

Keep shooting the questions!!

Barb

Archived