Just returned from a great week on the Summit

harrylime

My husband and I were on the same cruise as you. We played trivia too and won a couple of times. I guess you were our competition :)

I totally agree with your review. We met a lot of great people and had a lot of fun. A the same time there were a lot of people who complained a lot. Not everything was perfect but life is like that. We saw people getting angry at a server who folded an omelet and on and on.

We had a great trip and found the service excellent. The food was good.

We did not do Aqua Class. It was our first time on Celebrity so I wanted to see what it was like in general. We were in cabin 6022. It had a very large balcony. Double the depth of the ones above us. Half shaded and half open.

Bermuda was beautiful and the weather was perfect. The bus and ferry system was great.

Living in NJ and having a 45 minute drive to the port was great. We will definitely do this again.

We are just off Constellation and also disliked the production shows (although they seemed to be mostly different than what you had, which is surprising since I thought they had the same shows on the same class ships). We did have iHollywood, which was bearable until they got to the ridiculous superhero section (since obviously there aren't enough songs from movies to fill the entire show). They also committed what I considered to be the cardinal sin of shipboard entertainment -- you never do a song from Titanic (and you certainly don't show a scene from the movie!).

My husband and I were on the same cruise as you. We played trivia too and won a couple of times. I guess you were our competition :)

I totally agree with your review. We met a lot of great people and had a lot of fun. A the same time there were a lot of people who complained a lot. Not everything was perfect but life is like that. We saw people getting angry at a server who folded an omelet and on and on.

We had a great trip and found the service excellent. The food was good.

We did not do Aqua Class. It was our first time on Celebrity so I wanted to see what it was like in general. We were in cabin 6022. It had a very large balcony. Double the depth of the ones above us. Half shaded and half open.

Bermuda was beautiful and the weather was perfect. The bus and ferry system was great.

Living in NJ and having a 45 minute drive to the port was great. We will definitely do this again.

Ahhh . . . trivia. I came away with 2 pens (I was hoping for a luggage tag but, alas, it was not to be) and a thousand memories. I still can't believe I didn't know the 3 cities on Palau.

I met a lot of nice people who were there for the same reason we were --- to have a good time. Some people bring misery with them --- like the Furies. If you decide to have a good time, you will. When I'm on vacation, I don't let anything spoil it. We've all had things go wrong on a trip. But some of us have a wonderful time in spite of the problems. And then we have a few good stories to tell when we get back home.

Next time, let's team up for trivia.

Bob

We are just off Constellation and also disliked the production shows (although they seemed to be mostly different than what you had, which is surprising since I thought they had the same shows on the same class ships). We did have iHollywood, which was bearable until they got to the ridiculous superhero section (since obviously there aren't enough songs from movies to fill the entire show). They also committed what I considered to be the cardinal sin of shipboard entertainment -- you never do a song from Titanic (and you certainly don't show a scene from the movie!).

Ah, the superhero section. Ouch! Still, I enjoyed the singers and dancers and tried to forget about the song choices --- which, of course, is a matter of taste.

They have several different shows that circulate around the different ships. A number of the performers on my cruise were recently together on the Infinity. Celebrity rotates shows and performers.

They also committed what I considered to be the cardinal sin of shipboard entertainment -- you never do a song from Titanic (and you certainly don't show a scene from the movie!).

I think it would be a blast if they did a show based on Swiss Family Robinson.

They also committed what I considered to be the cardinal sin of shipboard entertainment -- you never do a song from Titanic (and you certainly don't show a scene from the movie!).

My family always laughs at the Titanic staircase photo backdrop and wonder who in the world would want their photo taken there. But it seems to be on every line, every ship. Earlier this month, my dd and dh stopped there as a joke. The photo turned out to be so cute, we bought it. I guess we're one of those people now. :eek:

Scan.jpg

My family always laughs at the Titanic staircase photo backdrop and wonder who in the world would want their photo taken there. But it seems to be on every line, every ship.
Interesting. As I never take photos on the ship, I'd never noticed.

Nevertheless, Titanic songs should not be on ships, the same way that airlines don't show movies with plane crashes (at least they didn't used to, now someone will tell me that has changed as well).

While it is certainly possible that someone might have a particularly bad experience, I think that most of the negative reviews seem to come from people who have impossibly high expectations. My wife says that some people think that the members of the staff are their personal servants --- there to take care of every need and whim instantly.

A recent review complained about cracked tiles in the shower. Really!!! Do people think that the crew has the time to repair every cracked tile at the end of every cruise? I saw a couple of cracked tiles in the shower. It didn't ruin my vacation!

One negative review spoke about a bad meal that he simply couldn't get past, even months after his cruise. My wife ordered the Rockfish one night. It was overlooked and rubbery. She told our waiter, he apologized and and brought her something else. It didn't ruin our vacation . . . Or even our meal!

And reviews that talk about the crew being unfriendly and unhelpful??? Every crew member I passed in the hall greeted me and asked how I was enjoying my day. Every crew member had a smile for me. Some passengers walk around with a perpetual scowl. There was one passenger that I kept running into around the ship. I would say "good morning" and he would grunt or glare at me. He finally wore me down and I stopped greeting him. I'm willing to bet that he found the staff unfriendly.

Here are two rules to follow to have a good time:

1. Don't sweat the small stuff.

2. It's all small stuff.

Bob

First thanks for taking the time to post your review. Second, a few people could follow your advice. ;)

Archived