Hopefully....

Greysea74

This will be my last two questions. Does anyone know where which deck we embark on, when we get on The Fascination? And does anyone have any feedback on The Empress Deck? I was just upgraded, for free, from Riviera to Empress, Cabin E182? Any and all feedback is welcomed!

Haven't been on Fascination but have been on Imagination and Fantasy several times and we love the Empress Deck. This is where you board and where the main lobby is. There is a nice bar, often live music and the Excursion Desk and the Customer Service Desk.

In April we boarded the Fascination on the deck 3 in Jacksonville. One deck below riviera. Congrats on your upgrade. We are currently booked on her again in September, empress deck aft. Great location. There is a little used stairwell all the way aft, port side that leads directly to the serenity deck. Lido is only two decks up I think.

Technically riviera deck is passenger deck 1. Deck 3 is where guests gangway is at ports, where the tender doors open, and much of the behind the scenes activities take place as far as the crew goes. It is called deck 3 but has no name (I.e. riviera, main, etc.) attached to it. So I am guessing that Riviera deck is the fourth deck of the ship on a numerical scale.

This will be my last two questions. Does anyone know where which deck we embark on, when we get on The Fascination? And does anyone have any feedback on The Empress Deck? I was just upgraded, for free, from Riviera to Empress, Cabin E182? Any and all feedback is welcomed!

E182 is a four-bed Ocean View cabin, Port side under the after dining room. It should be fairly quiet, there really isn't much noise that filters down from the dining room, and you're high enough on the ship that you're away from any engine noise. The Empress Deck is where the Guest Services Desk and the Excursion Desk are, and it's the highest deck to have cabins, except for a few on the Verandah Deck.

On the Fascination, you board on the #3 deck, under the Riviera deck. It has no name of its own, because it's actually a crew deck. The only time passengers go down that low is to embark or disembark, (debark? I'm not getting into that argument again ;) ) to catch a tender, or to go to Medical.

I thought that the Riviera was deck 1, at the bottom of the ship?

Decks 1, 2, and 3 are crew decks... The remaining decks are named as follows: I'll put Numbers in parentheses after them, because most of the elevator buttons are numbered. Riviera (4), Main (5), Upper (6), Empress (7), Atlantic (8), Promenade (9), Lido (10), Verandah (11), Sports (12), Sun (14). Nope, no 13 - no cabin 13 or 113 or 213 either, sailors are a superstitious bunch. (as are many passengers :) )

Do a search in this forum for "Facination Secrets" (It's misspelled, so you have to search with that title) It has a lot of answers about the ship.

Archived