Watching Football on The NCL Pearl

volfanvegas

Our cruise is leaving the first day of NFL football will they be showing the games in the bars and what size TVs do they have?

They had Baseball on in the bars a few weeks ago, and previous threads have talked about NFL being shown so, yes, I think they will.

The TV's in the bars are generally just normal size. The large screen is in the Atrium and I imagine that would only be used for big games, if at all.

Just remember, no matter what, it won't be like a sportsbar...

No cruiseline gets the Sunday Ticket or NFL Network for the Thursday night games.

Haven't been on NCL yet, but at least on Carnival, they did carry ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX feeds from various islands, so you could watch whichever game was being carried on that network affiliate that Sunday. (same with NCAA on Saturdays)

Carnival also carried ESPN International, which was soccer 24/7, except for MNF and an occasional MLB game.

From what I have been reading in here about NCL TV offerings, NCL does NOT carry the network feeds, but does have ESPN International in the bars...

After 6 or 7 fall cruises on Carnival, I can't imagine not spending Sunday in the sportsbar with a few hundred strangers, watching the NFL and making good friends for the rest of the week's cruise. (even if it wasn't the game I wanted)

So best of luck to you.

Hopefully the posters in here are wrong about the network feeds and you get to watch some football.

Bill

We were on the Pearl over New Years last year and they played the Vikings/Packers game in the bars and in our room. There's a fairly large (maybe 42+) screen in the Malting Beer and Whiskey Bar. They have nice couches and chairs there too. It was probably playing in other bars too but we didn't look.

Last December on the Dawn we watched three games on Sunday, one on Monday and one on Thursday.......they carry them all and I love it! Likewise on the Gem the previous season. They even carried the Eagles make up game on a Tuesday!

This is the game on the big screen tv (14ft I think) in the Atrium of the Pearl on our cruise in 2009. I believe it was a Monday night game. My husband doesn't like to miss any football, and so far, every cruise we have been on during football season had the games on. No worries:D

ry%3D480

Archived