Richard Spacey to Quantum

Great to hear that Richard is going to be involved in the Quantum project, he is a great CD and is right for a ship that will be entertainment focused :D

Oh I have never sailed with him, although read good things about him :D...do you think he will be on the TA & Inaugural sailings with Ken ?

It's great to hear that news! But please tell us more! What did you hear more specifically and where? Is it something that non-Pinnacle members can read? When will he be on board? I am on the 1/11/15 sailing and it would just "make my day" to find out that he's going to be at least one of the CD's on that sailing!! Please tell us EVERYTHING!!!

Thanks in advance, as always! - Miriam

Sorry but this is no great secret, Richard posted info on his Facebook page, so it is public knowledge. He is currently in the Miami office working on the Q project. He is pleased to have the opportunity to work on this exciting ship along with Ken Rush. He has not released any details about dates, or who will be doing what. At the moment it is simply "working on the project"

Here is a link to a post on the CD thread from the main board with more info from Jimmy Rhodes facebook page! I do agree that Richard was definitely the best CD we have had. Glad to hear he will be involved with Quantum.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39731607&postcount=369

Edited by akcruz

So who is the actual Cruise Director? Both Jimmy Rhodes and Richard Spacey say that they are the CD? Do they relieve each other for vacations?

Richard Spacey is the take out CD and Jimmy Rhodes is the ship's regular CD.

From what I have read, Richard Spacey and Ken Rush are taking her out so they will board the ship at the ship yard. Richard Spacey will be the public face of the CD team while Ken Rush works on managing things in the background. After the ship is fully setup and operating smoothly (varies but is usually 1-2 months) they will lave. I haven't seen 2 CDs take a ship out before so they may stagger it somehow, but Jimmy Rhodes will then board as a normal full time CD.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to those of you who had info on Richard Spacey.:) I sailed on the FOS on August 25th eastern Carib trip (talked my friend into going so she could experience what a terrific CD Richard is.) because I was told at RC that he would return from vacation for that trip. I'm sorry we missed him but glad he had opportunity to work on Q project. I saw him for the 1st time in May on Freedom. He's the most versatile, talented CD I have seen. I'm talking my friend in to trying again. so I want to get it right date-wise. Someone mentioned that he has a facebook page, but I can't find it :confused:- Can anyone help me with that? I'm still working full time, but look forward to the time I can sail 3 or 4 times a year. RC is my fav.

Edited by drevie

• 3 months later...
With the news out there today that Richard Spacey is leaving Royal Caribbean and moving to Celebrity head office....who will be the Cruise Director on Quantum of the Seas ?

I'm sure there will be a lot of speculation on his replacement. Maybe that will be one of the future big reveals later this year?? :)

Well that's a shame. I can't imagine Royal really did not know this a few months ago, but I'm sure they never would have announced if they did. Hopefully they don't make Ken Rush the full CD again. Maybe they can talk James Andrews into coming back for a reunion tour. He brought the Voyager of the Seas to NYC for the first time but has since left the company as well.