Need some answers about Costa

Tania

Dh and I cruised Costa 20 years ago and loved it. Of course this was our first cruise and we thought the food was terrific.

I am a die-hard Princess cruiser but am considering a Costa cruise at a terrifc price with a large group.

What kind of dining does the line offer?

Can I have a room service full breakfast?

Can I order liquor for cabin consumption or is it only the wine package?

Is it true that the cabins have a self-dispensing fridge so that I cannot even put my bottled water in it?

How large are the balconies? Which deck has the larger ones?

Is there internet access? Cost?

Thanks for your help!

Catherine

I'm sure you have read enough about the food debate.

It's nothing like Princess but it's half the price so I guess it's worth it. It's owned by Carnival Corp and so is Princess so maybe it's getting better since I cruised.

There is the main dining room, the standard buffet, poolside pizza, hamburgers & franks, and another resturant for a fee. It was worth the ($20 I think) money, it was very good.

We had a suite and we were able to order full breakfast, I don t know about other cabins.

Yes you were able to buy liquor in the ship store to drink in your cabin but the price was higher than if they hold it till end of cruise.

Self-dispensing fridge , no not true(not on the Med), I never heard of such a thing.

Don't know about the balconies, ours was very nice, 2 wooden lounge chairs with very nice pillows and a table.

Don't know anything about internet access, sorry.

There was internet access 24 hours a day - cost 50 euro cents per minute, photo e-card 2 Euros print outs 50 euro cents per page.

We did have a fridge, but it was full of 'Costa's things - I think you could have squeezed in one or two 500ml bottles only.

We had a category 9/10 balcony cabin, two garden typ chairs (not loungers) and a coffee table - enough for our needs. I believe the corner cabins have bigger balconies - take a look at the deck plans for your ship.

We had breakfast delivered to our cabin every morning - no charge. We only had rolls, croissants, coffee etc, but I am sure there were lots of other items. You just tick the items and the time you want it and hang the order on your door each night.

We loved the food and used the Speciality dining room too 20 Euros per head.

Thanks for the great info, especially about removing the Costa stuff from the fridge. Perhaps this fridge is new on the Magica and is on a trial run.

I'd expect to pay more for the liquor during my cruise...it's the same on Princess. It's still cheaper than here in Canada and the wine package looks like a good deal.

The food debate is interesting and I've read a lot about it here on the boards. It sounds as if the food is too "European" for its clientele.

In 1983, Costa had s handle on the chair hog thing and rented you a specific lounger for the wek for $5. I suppose that's gone. Early birds got the best loungers of course.

Costa is worth a second thought then.

I agree, the wine package was great and I'v ordered the soft drinks one too for next time. No problems with chair hogging in May but I'll let you know about July - I imagine it will be somewhat different in the height of the season!

Hey, Jo42 I was wondering if you know why on the Costa website you cant pre-order the Wine package or any wine for that matter or the drinks coupons???? It says that not availbale - under US dollars. Could it be its not crusing the Carb yet and it will post availablity and price when it changes course ???? I wanted to see the prices but nothing is availabe, any suggestions....anyone?

Tammy- tambo913

Archived