Shows on "Sunshine"?

SkyMaster

We're sailing "Sunshine" later this year, and were wondering if the shows are the same "Playlist Production" shows currently being presented on "Breeze", and most, if not all of the other 2.0 ships. I know it's probably too much to wish for, but I'd love to see some of the "OLD SHOWS" again. (That's why I keep sailing "Paradise" over and over, even though I've seen "8 More Seconds", and "SHOUT" many, many times.) ;)

"SKY"

I can try to answer although I'm pretty " brain dead" when remembering names of shows. I was on a 12 day out of Barcelona. I liked everyone of the shows except one (who was an entertainer/ magi/comedy... Absolutely horrible- some people walked out).

Now to tell u what they were with my foggy braain lol

Rock dance singing show..awesome

60's dance singing show. Awesome

British illusionist ? Awesome

Magician ok

The one I explained above, not good

I think there was another dance singing show that was very good too but can't remember the theme...

Sorry, I know I didn't really answer ur direct question but I hope that helps. I went to the comedians as well and liked them. Sometimes edgy but whatever, lol! I was on liberty last summer and the shows on sunshine were 10x better! But this was in Europe too so they may be a lot different when sunshine goes to Caribbean.

We're sailing "Sunshine" later this year, and were wondering if the shows are the same "Playlist Production" shows currently being presented on "Breeze", and most, if not all of the other 2.0 ships. I know it's probably too much to wish for, but I'd love to see some of the "OLD SHOWS" again. (That's why I keep sailing "Paradise" over and over, even though I've seen "8 More Seconds", and "SHOUT" many, many times.) ;)

"SKY"

I'm sorry to tell you that the Sunshine has the Playlist shows. I read somewhere that there are 2 shows on Sunshine that aren't on the other Playlist ships. But it's the same concept: no live music, 8 or fewer singers/dancers, no props, only 30 minutes. I'm not sure if you have seen pics of the Sunshine's theater, but it is super tiny tiny tiny compared to all other Carnival ships. They shrunk it from 3 stories to 2, and it looks like it only seats about half what the Destiny seats (and Sunshine has more guests than Destiny did). I guess that they are counting on low turnouts to the shows. Some people are going gaga, thinking it's so cool that it's a multi-purpose room, but who cares about that when seating is limited. Show up extra extra early. I agree that the "old shows" are better. I didn't think much of the concept when I saw this type of show on Breeze.

Some 2.0 ships don't have the playlist shows, such as Liberty & Dream. Triumph is listed as having playlist, but they don't yet. Hopefully, they never will, because they have 2 of the best shows: Wonderful World & the Big Easy. But a couple Fantasy class ships were given the playlist shows that I didn't even know had a drydock, so I'm not sure who has playlist other than Breeze, Sunshine, Glory, & Conquest.

Thanks for the info,,especially "K2". Yep, it's exactly as I'd expected. I don't despise the "Playlist Production Shows", it's just that the old shows are so FAR SUPERIOR to them, that it's no comparison, IMO. :rolleyes: Guess I need to go book "Triumph" again soon, as I haven't seen those shows since the last time I sailed that ship. Probably last chance.

I've sailed "Ecstasy" a few times in the last year, and they are showing the "Playlist Productions" as well. O.K., but not up to par.

"SKY"

The Playlist Productions shows absolutely suck. Nobody likes them. To be perfectly honest, I don't like any of the 2.0 so called upgrades. I continue to pick ships that don't have them. I wish Carnival would listen to their guest and scrap the awful Playlist Produciton shows.

Glad to see this thread. We just got off the Conquest last Sunday and we hated, hated the playlist shows. We walked out on the last one, Diva's, and said if this is all we are going to get maybe we need to look at some other cruise lines. Were hoping to make Diamond in a couple years... who knows now.

We did get a survey after we got home and definitely told them what we thought about the shows.

Please Carnival change the shows back!!!

Glad to see this thread. We just got off the Conquest last Sunday and we hated, hated the playlist shows. We walked out on the last one, Diva's, and said if this is all we are going to get maybe we need to look at some other cruise lines. Were hoping to make Diamond in a couple years... who knows now.

We did get a survey after we got home and definitely told them what we thought about the shows.

Please Carnival change the shows back!!!

As noted above, there are a few ships left that have the "pre 2.0" shows, so do what I'm doing, and book those ships, and enjoy the shows while you can. Go ahead and get that coveted "Diamond" white card, and I'll see you at the "Repeat Offenders Party". ;) Meanwhile, enjoy the GREAT pre 2.0 shows, and musicians.

"SKY"

As noted above, there are a few ships left that have the "pre 2.0" shows, so do what I'm doing, and book those ships, and enjoy the shows while you can. Go ahead and get that coveted "Diamond" white card, and I'll see you at the "Repeat Offenders Party". ;) Meanwhile, enjoy the GREAT pre 2.0 shows, and musicians.

"SKY"

Sky, we heard the Elation still has the old shows, Just Rock and Win. We sail the Elation a lot since N.O. is the closest port to us here in the Panhandle. Nice to hear the Dream still has the old shows. We will be on it for Thanksgiving.

I thought the Epic Rock show on the Sunshine was the most enjoyable show I've ever seen on a cruise, but then I'm a technology geek and I thought the digital screen was great. Personally I'd rather have the clever graphics than a live band, but maybe those with a few more summers under their belts might not agree.

The live band was in the Ocean Plaza, saw them a few times and they were OK, though the female lead vocalist's voice was a bit quiet.

"SKY"

I like the Playlist shows. They are performed multiple times on different days during the cruise so you have choices when to see them. There are some new ones on Carnival Sunshine.

Studio VIP, Epic Rock, Latin Nights, and Motor City, were on our 9 day cruise.

Sometimes they spilled out into the Lobby Bar, it seemed. :)

DSC_0702_Zyde.jpg

The other thing that was cool about Epic Rock was the guy out the band played about a 20 minute guitar solo of classic riffs before the show as it was filling up. If you like that kind of stuff, it was great.

We got to see every show we wanted to see, so don't worry about those people who've never been on the ship but think the liquid lounge is too small.

Archived