Returning to RCCL: Navigator Questions

Hello All,

I'm returning to Royal Caribbean again after a 5 year hiatus on another line. We just felt we needed a change as it seemed every cruise on the aforementioned other line seemed to be the same and they all started to run together. My last cruise was in early 2008 on the Freedom. We'll be sailing the Navigator in March out of Galveston. I've sailed on the Navigator before and loved her! It was my favorite out of the 3 RCCL cruises I took between 2006 and 2008.

I have a couple of questions. First of all, do the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers still do the original songs (Voyage to Adventure and Until We Meet Again) during the Welcome Aboard and Farewell shows? I know it varied by ship, but I know the Navigator did it.

Also, I've heard at one departure port (I can't remember which one and wanted to make sure it wasn't Galveston), the Captain wasn't allowed to sound the whistle due to local noise regulations. Can anyone confirm if this is the case for Galveston departures?

Finally, have there been any major changes in the past 5 years? I was previously a Loyal Royal. I just want to make sure that I don't expect anything that won't be there. I'm Platinum with C&A, but staying in a lowly Balcony Cabin. Thanks!

Which March sailing? I am booked on the Navigator for Spring Break March 9th. Be sure and post on your Roll Call!!

I can't answer your questions but I did want to add that the Navigator will be refurbished in February so when we go in March, she'll be practically brand new!! I thought that was a really neat bonus and didn't learn of it until after I booked.

Hello All,

I'm returning to Royal Caribbean again after a 5 year hiatus on another line. We just felt we needed a change as it seemed every cruise on the aforementioned other line seemed to be the same and they all started to run together. My last cruise was in early 2008 on the Freedom. We'll be sailing the Navigator in March out of Galveston. I've sailed on the Navigator before and loved her! It was my favorite out of the 3 RCCL cruises I took between 2006 and 2008.

I have a couple of questions. First of all, do the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers still do the original songs (Voyage to Adventure and Until We Meet Again) during the Welcome Aboard and Farewell shows? I know it varied by ship, but I know the Navigator did it.

Also, I've heard at one departure port (I can't remember which one and wanted to make sure it wasn't Galveston), the Captain wasn't allowed to sound the whistle due to local noise regulations. Can anyone confirm if this is the case for Galveston departures?

Finally, have there been any major changes in the past 5 years? I was previously a Loyal Royal. I just want to make sure that I don't expect anything that won't be there. I'm Platinum with C&A, but staying in a lowly Balcony Cabin. Thanks!

The Navigator is going into dry dock Jan 2014. She will emerge all new for her 4 night sailing out of Galveston on Feb 5, 2014 & I am booked! So excited to be one of the FIRST to experience a ship with all new everything!

Not sure about the singers, but I think the answer is, "No."

Galveston is NOT the port where they can't blow the horn.

About the biggest change for C&A Members that comes to me is that they no longer give out the Past Guest Gifts like they used to (we got several tote bags, hats, etc).

Oh, and no pillow chocolates at turn down!

We will be on Navigator the last week of February and we are looking forward to the upgrades she's getting!

Pete

... First of all, do the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers still do the original songs (Voyage to Adventure and Until We Meet Again) during the Welcome Aboard and Farewell shows? I know it varied by ship, but I know the Navigator did it....!

I've not heard these songs on any ship in a year or two.

Navigator's a great ship with a great crew and lovely decor, clean as a whistle. By the time you sail her, she'll look even better I'm sure.

I don't remember that they did those songs on my TA last year. There are only a couple of real singers on the entertainment staff anymore, the rest of the folks on stage are lip synching to a track. Doesn't matter, the shows are still the shows. And you can't lip sync the ice show! - one of the most amazing things I've seen, the things they can do on a moving ship.

Archived