Celebrity Eclipse Vibration

Mickb

We have booked an S2 cabin, number 1667 for the Nov 3rd Transatlantic cruise.

This cabin overlooks the back of the ship and is located over the pods.it is located on deck 11.

Has anyone who has sailed in one of these cabins experienced any vibration? Also can anyone confirm that the balcony is not shaded?

Any advice will be gratefully received

Thanks

I believe the balconies have no real shade. We have a Sunset stateroom on deck 7 booked on the Eclipse next year. I don't know about vibration. I hope there is not too much, but we felt the views etc would make it worthwhile.

I have sailed in a room in a similar location on Eclipse. I do not recall much in the way of vibration per se. What we did have was some rocking motion, back and forth, particularly when the seas were not flat - but some motion any time it was moving. Some may not notice this, and others may not be bothered by it. When the seas were calm I found it almost pleasant, particularly when being 'rocked' gently to sleep. When the seas were not calm (as they were often not on the cruise I am referencing) then the back and forth coupled with the riding of the waves made that worse for me. That's my experience. Many, many people absolutely love these rooms.

Hi

As you can see from the photo...no real shade...except on Deck 12. We have stayed in 2152 and 2157 on the Equinox, and 9303 and 9305 on the Eclipse...never noticed much of a vibration...did however notice a wonderful horizon/ocean view and a soothing sound from the ships wake !!

Enjoy

Woody

SolsticeAftCabins-vi_zpsc29ff835.jpg

Edited by rwr235

Hey there Woody,

When you were in 2152 were you bothered by chairs being moved on the public deck above? We are in 2148 on the Silhouette in an upcoming cruise and wondering if it is bothersome enough to switch. However, I do like the shade and privacy of the overhang in 2148.

Edited by Bently57

Thanks so much for the info on 2148! We are pretty danged excited about it. Our first Celebrity cruise together (I was on Millennium in 2003) and our first suite. We have been die-hard Princess fans for years but wanted to try something different.

Agree with above...could we hear noise? yes, at times. Bothered by noise? No...although my wife could hear it more often than me, usually in the morning...but I am an EARLY riser, and was rarely/never in the cabin when folks started moving around up there. But we too liked the overhang enough that we would definitely book those cabins again.

Hope you have a great experience !!

Woody

We have booked an S2 cabin, number 1667 for the Nov 3rd Transatlantic cruise.

This cabin overlooks the back of the ship and is located over the pods.it is located on deck 11.

Has anyone who has sailed in one of these cabins experienced any vibration? Also can anyone confirm that the balcony is not shaded?

Any advice will be gratefully received

Thanks

I read on another post, that people bring a beach parasol for that kind of balcony, I suppose they leave it there at the end of cruise.

• 3 months later...
Hi Hickoryshampoo

We shall do our utmost not to trash it!!!!!

Bumping an older thread to admonish Mickb for rigging one of the bedside sconces to come off the wall, short out and kill power to the room. The electrician was very polite for it being after midnight. ;)