Adding a 3rd person

lsw0224

I booked NCL Pearl for May 2014 to Alaska. When i booked the cruise was an 8 day and was changed to a 10 day a few weeks later but i was able to keep the rate i booked the cruise at. If i add a 3rd person to my cabin, will my rate increase? Or will NCL just charge me the current 3rd person rate? I did a mock booking and the total for 3 is about 1200 more than what i paid. Not willing to pay that just to add a 2 year old!

I just added a third person to a booking yesterday and only had to pay the third person rate for them. Our cruise had gone up quite a bit from what we originally booked it at but I didn't have to pay any difference for us. Hope this helps!!!

Anything could happen. Call and ask, and then decide.

Make sure you mention a child is being added. Might make a difference.

Do NOT mention the great deal you got - which by the way, I have never heard of happening.

I booked NCL Pearl for May 2014 to Alaska. When i booked the cruise was an 8 day and was changed to a 10 day a few weeks later but i was able to keep the rate i booked the cruise at. If i add a 3rd person to my cabin, will my rate increase? Or will NCL just charge me the current 3rd person rate? I did a mock booking and the total for 3 is about 1200 more than what i paid. Not willing to pay that just to add a 2 year old!

If you are adding a third person now, they should be charging you the current 3rd person rate (which may differ from when you booked) and the additional port fees, etc. A mock booking would be for all three of you, so that should not be the difference you pay, just the new amount for the third person rate.

As you probably already know. The two year old won't be able to go to the kids club so she will be with you 7x24. Probably not an issue at all, but since it used to be 2 year olds could stay at kids club, wanted to make sure your aware.

The earlier you make the change the better though, just because your room holds three doesn't mean the ship won't reach capacity and take no more passengers. Good luck.

Just last month added a 4th person to our cabin. I made EXTRA sure it would not require a "cancellation & new booking" cuz we booked with "kids cruise free" promo and didn't want to screw that up. They said it does NOT change my existing reservation (does NOT cancel it) ... merely modifies it. Normal 3rd & 4th person in cabin price was $249.00. Told me that CAN increase based on total ship capacity & can be DENIED if ship capacity is at certain levels --- so if you're SURE kiddo is coming, add her sooner rather than later.

Archived