Balcony Cabin 8232 (D2) on Explorer?

I'm hoping to find someone on the boards who has cruised in cabin #8232 on the Explorer of the Seas to tell me what you can about your experience or if you have any pictures floating around that you can share. I've searched the boards and the internet, but can't find anything except general information... Thanks!

I'm hoping to find someone on the boards who has cruised in cabin #8232 on the Explorer of the Seas to tell me what you can about your experience or if you have any pictures floating around that you can share. I've searched the boards and the internet, but can't find anything except general information... Thanks!

Sorry, no pictures, but was there something specific you wanted to know?

8232 is a standard cabin like all the rest of the D's

Sorry, no pictures, but was there something specific you wanted to know?

8232 is a standard cabin like all the rest of the D's

I figured 'standard cabin', but wanted to know from someone who has stayed in that cabin if they liked the location. I know it is closeby to the elevators/stairs, which is what we wanted but are there any drawbacks to this cabin? Anything different about hallway traffic, noise, balcony condition or anything else that I may want to know...

Can't quote you on this specific cabin, but having been on Explorer and looking at the location of your cabin, I could tell you a few things.

You are close to the stairs, so might get a bit of noise from that, but foot traffic in your hall should be minimum as only people in your "quarter" will be going through there.

Close to the forward elevators is nice, as the aft elevators always seemed to be busy, with kids riding up and down.

There are only other staterooms above and below, so less noisy.

Really the only issue you could have is that the front of the ship "moves" more in rough seas. However it's all relative. We've never noticed any extreme movement.

Can't quote you on this specific cabin, but having been on Explorer and looking at the location of your cabin, I could tell you a few things.

You are close to the stairs, so might get a bit of noise from that, but foot traffic in your hall should be minimum as only people in your "quarter" will be going through there.

Close to the forward elevators is nice, as the aft elevators always seemed to be busy, with kids riding up and down.

There are only other staterooms above and below, so less noisy.

Really the only issue you could have is that the front of the ship "moves" more in rough seas. However it's all relative. We've never noticed any extreme movement.

Thanks TBone2K - DH and I took the family on a cruise on Explorer a couple years ago... We love the ship and are happy to be traveling on her again this fall. Last time we were in a Family Oceanview Bow-facing cabin center front on Deck 7. We didn't feel that we experienced any more motion than when we were on other parts of the ship and we managed fine for that cruise. However - point noted because you never know if a 'named storm' will come along on our trip though, so as usual, I will be sure to take my Bonine religiously. Thanks for the info!

Been on the Explorer and sister ships many times. Cabins near the aft stairs are the place to be.

The notion that cabins near stairs and elevators makes sense, but is not the case.

The aft stairs and elevators take you to every restaurant on the ship. With cabins forward there will be extra walking.

Archived