Lunenburg

Are there any tours to Lunenburg and Mahone Bay from Halifax?

Yes, check out Blue Nose Sidecar Tours. They have a tour to Lunenburg. We did their tour to Peggy's Cove. It was the best tour we took all week. Loved it! We had stops at a bakery, a maple products store (try the maple butter), and a local author's home, and then on to Peggy's Cove to see the Light House. We had them drop us back off at the Board Walk. After the tour, we had lunch at Salty's on the boardwalk, and shopped at the pewter and glass stores that Blue Nose suggested. Both stores have lovely things. Then we simply walked the board walk back to the ship.

Sorry I can't tell you about their Lunenburg tour, but their tour to Peggy's Cove was top-notch. We had helmets with microphones and speakers so we could hear them speaking along the way. Riding in the side cars was a lot of fun.

• 2 weeks later...
Are there any tours to Lunenburg and Mahone Bay from Halifax?

Did a car rental. Drive was very easy and relaxed....took hwy. route to Lunenburg and returned along the coastal route with wonderful views and scenery. Roads are well marked....no traffic.... very relaxing and inexpensive day. Lunenburg is charming; give yourself time to enjoy it fully -- there is a self-guided tour sheet available from the Visitors Center. Peggy's Cove is a typical tourist destination....go later in the day, if you must; it should be less crowded. Allow time to enjoy Halifax...very nice and interesting.

If you choose to drive, the Car rental office is at the railroad station/terminal, a short walk through the parking lot across from the cruise terminal. There is a rear entrance from the parking lot that goes through the hotel.

There are tours available upon arrival in the cruise terminal and/or from Tourist Info at the cruise terminal in Halifax.

We are planning to do the Lunenburg, Peggy's Cove route. Our ship is in port until 5 PM. If we leave PC no later than 3 PM will that give us enough time to return car and get back to ship? I plan on doing just a brief stop at PC for pictures....I was trying to give myself a mental timeline. Thanks

We are planning to do the Lunenburg, Peggy's Cove route. Our ship is in port until 5 PM. If we leave PC no later than 3 PM will that give us enough time to return car and get back to ship? I plan on doing just a brief stop at PC for pictures....I was trying to give myself a mental timeline. Thanks

Yes, plenty of time....especially if you are returning the car to the train station area.

Archived