Not Sea Glass Either :(

Manugit

:eek: I just read a post that says Tabacco bay has been known to have broken glass at the beach due to partiers that dont care, and that water shoes should be worn to prevent cuts...

I heard the same thing somewhere here on these boards....so I went and bought beach shoes for my husband and I. I figure that we're going to use these again on future cruises...

It's only our first cruise! :) I guess I know I'll be addicted! :)

Here's a good link to Bermuda Beaches, broken down by parishes:

http://www.bermuda-online.org/beaches.htm

I read the following about Tobacco Bay:

Tobacco Bay. North of the town of St. George, at Coot Pond Road.Public. Very nice, with several beach areas, however not on a bus route. But be aware that only about a mile out to sea, untreated sewage from the Town of St. George is piped out in huge quantities. Has a beach bar.

I read exactly the same thing.... got nervous and decided to go to Fort St. Catherine's beach, which is very close to Tobacco Bay. This was on my trip just last week !! Fort St. Catherine's is not as large as Horseshoe bay, but has food, chairs to rent, banana boat (I think) rides for a fee of course, music playing.... etc. (I believe restrooms too, but didn't use them so am not sure on that.) It was a very enjoyable day for our small group, which included some kids. Be forewarned that if you like waves, you won't find many here. Being from the Jersey Shore area, we're used to some good sized waves. They were tame here. Great for kids. I heard from others we travelled with that Tobacco Bay was like a cove and VERY tame. They were glad they passed it by and came to Fort St. Catherine's beach instead.

As far as the fort, you just look up and over a bit, and the fort is right there. In fact we took some pics with it in the background, and you could take a walk over from the beach. I know there is a fee to actually go in, we didn't do that.

Archived