airport question

meanjean80

I swear I searched first, but since the only applicable answer I could find was from 2005, here goes... :D

My sister and I are flying on different airlines to San Juan...Me on Delta, arriving at 12:40, and her on Jet Blue, arriving at 12:30. From what I can tell I will probably come in on terminal B, and she will probably come in on terminal A.

-Is there a central baggage area for the whole airport, or is there a baggage area in each terminal?

-Can anyone recommend a central location to meet? (The answer from 2005 suggested the taxi stand).

It would be cool if Terminal A is finally open- it's not been for the last few times we've flew out of SJU. Since you are landing so close to each other, you should be able to wait and find each other before heading down to the baggage pick up.

I'm not sure where A would pick up from, but i would think it's the same area as where B does- just with a few things in between.

Both have different baggage areas. Terminal A is indeed open and being used exclusively by Jet Blue. Most other airlines other than American use the terminal B baggage area which is what Delta will use. Both are very near to each other so you'll have no problem finding each other quickly.

We just flew Jet Blue on Saturday from San Juan and our flight departure was in Terminal A, gate 1. Terminal A and B are connected and you can walk from one to the other without going through security. I'm not sure about the baggage claim but you shouldn't have any trouble catching up with each other.

Archived