Voyager video vs. others?

heathernijoli

Which video do think is the best one to get non-cruisers to watch pre-cruise in order to get them psyched up about the pending cruise?

The ones I am aware of are Voyger:Building the World's Largest Cruise Ship that talks about themaking of the ship, supplying it, staffing it, entertainment and then later about her sister ships. This one is three videos & sells on Ebay all the time for between $15 to $30.

Then there is the Sovereign refurbishment one that was just recently on the Travel channel. That one could be taped for free.

And then there is the one that they sell on the ship for $25 that is all on one video.

Has anyone seen all three? Have a favorite?

The Sovereign series was GREAT! Didn't see the Voyager but the Travel channel has shown an adventure movie and a radience one as well. Those were all super......

The Voyager class ships are so big that it may make people fell overwhelmed BUT there is so much to do no one will get bored. Hope that helps.

I got the Voyager video off of Ebay and it arrived a few days ago. It is over 3 hours long and pretty detailed and good quality - all 3 parts were on one video.

I am enjoying watching it but I keep falling asleep before it is over NOT because it is boring but because it is SO long. VERY detailed and cool, though.

Thanks for your advice!

The travel channel stuff is good.

The three tape "Building the World's largerst cruise ship" is amazing and a really good psyche tool. Unfortunately getting it is difficult with occasional copies floating about on ebay (but watch out! many of the copies on ebay are PAL - designed for European tech and not compatable with U.S. vcr's). RCCL sells (and shows on cabin TV) the series onboard Voyager class ships and it seems it is the only outlet for the series in a new condition. It answers so many questions from cabin size to drinking water that the viewer wants to plunk down the deposit.

There are promo videos available from your TA and from RCCL at their website. These are made by a travel film company in Colorado and are 20 minute highlight reels that just don't cut it. The tapes are too short to answer many of the quesitons that people have.

Archived