Victor Bodden fun in the sun?

sacnaillady

We have been very fortunate to have responsible people on our tours. The one we did with Victor had just 4/2 couples, which worked great. We decided ahead of getting on the ship, through email, exactly what we were going to do. In May we had a group of 12 in Ephesus and we again had agreed ahead of time. We had plenty of time for what everyone wanted to do. Sorry yours wasn't quite as good.

By the way "wantocruisemore" This appears to be an incorrect statement since Victor is not in Belize.

"Next time we go to Belize we will go to the Mayan canopy and then a beach we can snorkel! with time to shop."

This sounds great. I think I will book a Victor Bodden private tour.

Question: At the beach, what does your tour guide do for you? Does he watch your stuff while you're in the water, or does he sit in his vehicle and wait for you?

I am going to have the guide take us to West Bay Beach, probably the monkeys too, and it would be great if he were out there with us.

Also, for 4 people, what is an appropriate tip?

We have been very fortunate to have responsible people on our tours. The one we did with Victor had just 4/2 couples, which worked great. We decided ahead of getting on the ship, through email, exactly what we were going to do. In May we had a group of 12 in Ephesus and we again had agreed ahead of time. We had plenty of time for what everyone wanted to do. Sorry yours wasn't quite as good.

By the way "wantocruisemore" This appears to be an incorrect statement since Victor is not in Belize.

"Next time we go to Belize we will go to the Mayan canopy and then a beach we can snorkel! with time to shop."

Sorry, meant to say Roatan. Our ship did both stops and I had just done a quick Belize review.

For those who have taken a private tour with Victor, when did you pay for the tour? We thought you paid the driver at the end of the tour when you were brought back to the ship, but we just booked a tour with Victor and he wrote back that "During your tour day, we will take you by the Bodden Tours office where you will pay for your private Best of Roatan tour in US $ cash." Where is the Bodden Tours office? Since the driver will be dropping us off at places where we will be on our own, we are nervous about paying before the end of the tour as maybe our driver will never return for us.

For those who have taken a private tour with Victor, when did you pay for the tour? We thought you paid the driver at the end of the tour when you were brought back to the ship, but we just booked a tour with Victor and he wrote back that "During your tour day, we will take you by the Bodden Tours office where you will pay for your private Best of Roatan tour in US $ cash." Where is the Bodden Tours office? Since the driver will be dropping us off at places where we will be on our own, we are nervous about paying before the end of the tour as maybe our driver will never return for us.

We paid at the office. We had no issues what so ever. We paid our driver a tip at the end. Victor is very reputable.

Thanks, DaNana and wantocruisemore, for the info. I know Victor is very reputable, but was a little worried that our driver might drop us off at a venue and never return. We'll schedule Monkey Business to be our last stop, which makes sense for the itinerary we have planned anyway. And of course, we intend to tip our driver if he is as good as most of Victor's drivers seem to be based on the glowing reviews we have read.

Thanks, DaNana and wantocruisemore, for the info. I know Victor is very reputable, but was a little worried that our driver might drop us off at a venue and never return. We'll schedule Monkey Business to be our last stop, which makes sense for the itinerary we have planned anyway. And of course, we intend to tip our driver if he is as good as most of Victor's drivers seem to be based on the glowing reviews we have read.

Our driver never left the area where we were. We could see the vehicle in fact. When we went to the beach, she had friends she met and sat with. When we were shopping, she had friends she went to visit while we shopped. Having a driver leave us, never crossed our minds. Be sure to email and ask for the contact number for your driver so you have it ahead of time. They have such pride for their country and need the money. Be sure to let us know how it went!

• 2 weeks later...
Our driver never left the area where we were. We could see the vehicle in fact. When we went to the beach, she had friends she met and sat with. When we were shopping, she had friends she went to visit while we shopped. Having a driver leave us, never crossed our minds. Be sure to email and ask for the contact number for your driver so you have it ahead of time. They have such pride for their country and need the money. Be sure to let us know how it went!

Where do you meet your driver when getting off in Roaton?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Where do you meet your driver when getting off in Roaton?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Victor is very thorough. Here is part of his email to me:

"When your ship docks, try to get off as soon as possible and enter the dock area. Roatan has two Cruise Ship Terminals -- Please check below for meeting locations for each.

Port of Roatan Cruise Terminal (RCCL Voyager of the Seas): As you exit your ship, look for the Bodden Tours kiosk (it will have a large VICTOR BODDEN sign and will be in position #1 on the dock.) One of our representatives will greet you at the kiosk, locate your name on our list and introduce you to your guide for the day.

Mahogany Bay Cruise Center (Carnival Dream, Carnival Valor): As you exit your ship, customers on Local Independent Tours will be required by Carnival Corporation to exit their dock area through the gates and walk over the hill to the main road. Once outside the gates and over the hill, look for our representatives holding VICTOR BODDEN signs. One of our representatives will greet you, locate your name on our list and introduce you to your guide for the day. At the end of your tour day, we ARE able to drop you off to the entrance of the dock...so you will only have to do this long walk one-way, when you first arrive. You can view the hill behind the red-roofed building here..." Then he gives you a link to print a map. We did not have any issue finding the driver.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got back from the Fun -N - Sun Tour and LOVED IT!!!! the best money we spent on the week long cruise!!!! The office is at the Monkey Farm so when you are at the monkey farm you go in and pay for your tour! I cannot say enough good things about the tour and Victor Bodden's tours. It truly was not an issue at all to pay during the middle of the tour, our driver Lionel was fabulous and we had no issues with the rest of the day!