Champagne Basket Substitution

Creole Girl

We have 4 champagne baskets coming to us on this upcoming cruise (had to finish using captial one/carnival points). I know that the champagne is Korbel, which we do not like too much. Do you think that we could get it changed to Martini & Rossi Asti? It is cheaper per bottle and we like it better. I was thinking about asking my room steward to do this at the beginning of the week since I was told by promotions that he would be the one delivering the baskets, and of course tip him extra for doing so.

I also searched the Carnival website for the baskets and could not find then anymore. I am thinking that they may no longer be offered.

Thank you for your replies.

Serene I checked under every link in the gifts section. It was no where to be found. They use to have it with the fruit baskets, but not there anymore. I even went through all of the wine pages. Not there either.

Wait...all links except the gifts for kids...LOL.

Someone told me that they were sent a wine basket, but did not drink the type of wine in the basket. Long story short they took it to dinner and they exchanged it for them there. I would not take 4 bottles, but do you think they would do one for us to have at dinner? Would they charge a corkage fee for a basket sent through Carnival?

We got a bottle of wine from Carnival from a 45 day letter. We took it to dinner, they exchanged it for a cold one, opened it and poured it for us. No corkage fee.

We got little blue notes with each bon voyage gift that said who the gift was from, etc. Even got the little notes for the drink coupons we recieved in the dining room on the first night. You can always take those with you to the dining room to make sure they don't charge you a corkage fee.

And I think you might be able to change out the bottles at some of the bars that carry the champagne you would prefer. You can try, after all.

HTH

June

The Capitol One points deal was either a Fruit Basket or a Bottle of Champagne, not a Champagne Basket. Cabin Steward doesn't deliver either of them, another Crew Member does it, prior to your boarding or just after you board. My Bottle of Champagne was already waiting in the cabin and the Fruit Basket arrived about an hour after sailing with a gal pushing a large cart full or Fruit Baskets to be delivered to all the other cabins that were getting them on my deck.

You might be able to ask Carnival to exchange it before you board, I'd suggest calling them now and asking, they likely won't since the Korbel is what Capitol One negotiated with Carnival to provide. Otherwise, I suggest that you check with the Pursers desk about the switch or the Bar Manager about switching them once you're on board.

Archived