Changing Rooms Among Your Party...

lynnber

Anyone have any experience with booking several rooms and then changing who sleeps where? We booked an inside and an outside, wanting 3 of us in one room and one in the other, but booked it with 2 in each for the savings. If we HAVE to, we can actually keep it that way, but since the outside can fit a 3rd and 4th is there any problem with us moving one of our people?

Main problem you might have is that the key cards will only open the door to the cabin they are assigned to. And your card is also your charge card onboard. But as for sleeping, if you notify your room steward that you will need another bed made up for that evening, I don't think there will be a problem. Just remember that the extra person will have no way to unlock the cabin door unless you get another key card for your cabin.

Last fall we booked two cabins, each cabin was booked with one parent and one child. When we boared we opted to put our two sons in one cabin and we took one. The cabins were side by side. We went to the purser's office and requested just a room key for each room. My husband used his original key for purchasing items and the other key to get in and out of the room. Worked fine.

Last fall we booked two cabins, each cabin was booked with one parent and one child. When we boared we opted to put our two sons in one cabin and we took one. The cabins were side by side. We went to the purser's office and requested just a room key for each room. My husband used his original key for purchasing items and the other key to get in and out of the room. Worked fine.

oh now thats a good idea.... we did the 1:1 thing too but ended up with 2 of us not having keys to the room. Never gave it a thought we could get a room key only. This next cruise the girls get their own room at the booking time... finally the older one os old enough!

On the Sapphire last week, we actually recievd re-issued cards when my 11 year old son swapped rooms with my husband. We had to originally book this way as the kids were too young to have a room of their own. Then my 26 year old decided to join in so stayed in the boys room withe them.

We had no issue getting the cards re-issued though when we went down the first day to the pursers office, they asked us to come back the next morning as they stated they don't do the reissues until that time. Until then, they just swapped cards and that wasn't a problem either, including using them for charging.

Archived