Drink package under 21

thephillykid

On our upcoming cruise, my children 24 and 20 are sharing a cabin and when we signed up for the cruise on the reflection we were given the classic beverage package as a perk from the 123 program. My question is whether or not my son 24 will get the alcohol package and my daughter 20 will be given something else. Please let me know any experiences about what they will be given. Thanks

Howard

In Europe - both can get the package. In other areas the 24 yr old will get the package - the 20 yr old will get nada.

Just dealt with this with my kids in Europe. If you find the 123 promo T&C page on the X website it does detail this.

So if a perk is picked, it has to be the same perk for both passengers in a cabin?

I wondered what they did if a child was booked in the room. Doesn't seem right that one person (over 21) can get a perk, but the one under 21 could not. Seems that person could get the gratuities or a little OBC.

So if a perk is picked, it has to be the same perk for both passengers in a cabin?

I wondered what they did if a child was booked in the room. Doesn't seem right that one person (over 21) can get a perk, but the one under 21 could not. Seems that person could get the gratuities or a little OBC.

I have read conflicting comments on this issue. Here is our experience in April on the Silhouette (caribbean): 2 cabins; chose Classic Alcohol Drink Package as our Perk for both cabins (verandas); DH and DS (14) booked in one cabin, me and DD (14) booked in the other. DH and I each rec'd Classic Alcohol perk and DD and DS nothing. I was annoyed that Celebrity would not give them soda or non-alcoholic package (much cheaper than 2 alcohol packages for each cabin).

I have heard others on CC say that even the adult couldn't get the Classic alcohol package because one person was under legal drinking age.

I have read conflicting comments on this issue. Here is our experience in April on the Silhouette (caribbean): 2 cabins; chose Classic Alcohol Drink Package as our Perk for both cabins (verandas); DH and DS (14) booked in one cabin, me and DD (14) booked in the other. DH and I each rec'd Classic Alcohol perk and DD and DS nothing. I was annoyed that Celebrity would not give them soda or non-alcoholic package (much cheaper than 2 alcohol packages for each cabin).

I have heard others on CC say that even the adult couldn't get the Classic alcohol package because one person was under legal drinking age.

I am just as annoyed as you are, and they told me that my daughter forfeits any drink package.

FWIW as far as I know the only place on Earth where 21 is the start of the legal age to hoist a pint is the USA.

edit: Oh wait Suadi Arabia and other places it's against the law at ANY AGE.... but I digress. Where it is LEGAL to have a drink is there any place other than the United States where 21 is the age?

FWIW as far as I know the only place on Earth where 21 is the start of the legal age to hoist a pint is the USA.

edit: Oh wait Suadi Arabia and other places it's against the law at ANY AGE.... but I digress. Where it is LEGAL to have a drink is there any place other than the United States where 21 is the age?

Indonesia

Kazakhstan

Oman

Pakistan

Palau

Sri Lanka

United States

according the the www ....:)

I have just gone through this. My daughter and Son-inLaw got the Pick your Perk package I am sharing a cabin with my 17 year old grandson and they said that I could not get it as both people in the cabin must get the same package, even though he was underage and could not get it. I spoke to many people at Celebrity and was told the same thing, this is what they were offering, even my travel agent tried. I got so frustrated because I thought that this was not fair, I was being penalized because of their policy, it just did not make sense.

I finally sent a letter to customer relations and explained my frustration. They got back to me and said they would make an exception and give me the beverage package but that my grandson could not get anything because both people had to take the same package and he was underage for the alcohol package and they were not offering the non alcohol package.

Go figure.

I am holding on to all e;mails and copies of invoices because it is hard telling what will happen when I get on board.

Thanks for all the information.

Does anyone have the email address for customer relations at celebrity so that I can complain to them, It would be greatly appreciated, so I don't have to take my thanksgiving vacation in Kazakhstan with Borat. Sometimes these big wigs in the ivory tower need to put themselves into the customers shoes. You wonder why I drink.

It doesn't really matter whether the 20 year old gets an alcohol card, she can drink me under the table. Her brother and I will have to be her supplier for the week.

Howard

I have just gone through this. My daughter and Son-inLaw got the Pick your Perk package I am sharing a cabin with my 17 year old grandson and they said that I could not get it as both people in the cabin must get the same package, even though he was underage and could not get it. I spoke to many people at Celebrity and was told the same thing, this is what they were offering, even my travel agent tried. I got so frustrated because I thought that this was not fair, I was being penalized because of their policy, it just did not make sense.

I finally sent a letter to customer relations and explained my frustration. They got back to me and said they would make an exception and give me the beverage package but that my grandson could not get anything because both people had to take the same package and he was underage for the alcohol package and they were not offering the non alcohol package.

Go figure.

I am holding on to all e;mails and copies of invoices because it is hard telling what will happen when I get on board.

Just as well for me. I would be sharing a room with my grandson who would be almost a year old when we sail. I'll just take the gratuity perk. That way, we would both get it. That savings would pay for any alcohol that I may consume, which usually isn't much. I'd really miss the fresh squeezed OJ and coffee drinks, though. :(

I commented above about a previous cruise we were on, but here is what is being done on a Summit Bermuda I just booked. We have booked a FV for me, DH, DD (14), DS (14) and grandson (13). DH and I picked the Classic (alcohol) package, with nothing for the kids from Celebrity. No problems at all doing this. We are getting Premium pkg upgrade and soda packages for each of the kids from online TA, so I am happy. So where does this fit in with Celebrity's logic? :rolleyes:

I finally got a call back from the TA , a large online agency, about the beverage issue for my daughter. She told me that they spoke to celebrity, and they are extremely confused with all of the promotions that they have offered this year. Every perk package that celebrity has offered has different terms and conditions. Since we booked on the 1, 2, 3 go round 2 promotion, the final answer, and what I really wanted for my daughter is that she will get the non alcoholic version of the classic drink package. This is what I thought she would be getting from the beginning. FYI, with the latest version of their perk package, minors do not get any kind of drink package, they forfeit it.

Howard

Archived