Thanks for the time!!

Just wanted to write a wee note about our Freedom experience a few weeks ago. Sadly, we had forgotten my husbands wallet in the safe.

He assumed I had it.

Regardless, once we went to pick up our rental car, we realized the error. We went back to the ship, where I was told to be patient while they grabbed it. At minute count of 110 YES you read that right.. 110 I had waited enough.

I realize I was in the wrong by forgetting the wallet, but I was soooo annoyed at how terrible the process was to retrieve it. Ending with the most frustrating part which was when we finally did get the wallet back, the volunteer and the security guard both approached me and before they could say ANYTHING blurted out that " it was confirmed that there was NO cash in the wallet by 4 different people" assuming that I was even THINKING about saying they took money out of the wallet. I was sooo insulted. How terrible to prove something that wasn't asked nor even thought of by me or my family. It had been hours since I first got there, I am diabetic and sitting on a curb without water or any kind of ability to cool off my sugars were dropping faster then the sweat off my body! I couldn't believe they took the time for 6 of them to look in the wallet to "prove" we had no cash in it. UGG

I was sent an email asking how things were on our first family cruise... I happened to mention how insane the lost and found issues were that we had. (I should add I told them the time I waited and about the security telling me about the confirmation of 6 people that I didn't have money in the wallet I said nothing about being diabetic or the heat)

I received a note last night, from CS saying how they had read the email and that they were going to look into getting a better lost and found process in place. They even asked if I could be reached by phone as to help with the new plan. Wanting to know how I felt things could have been better organized.

They offered us some small compensation which I denied and thanked them for. I didn't intend to get something for my troubles, just wanted to be heard and having the opportunity to be part of a solution. The lady who I dealt with said there are 10 people a cruise who forget things in their rooms.

Anyways, I just wanted to post how happy I was to be contacted by RCCL and also to be able to try and help fix something that I thought was overly difficult and stressful.

Hope everyone has a great Labour Day weekend. Enjoy the last kick at summer we have...

Safe Travels.

Chass

1. I am so glad you got the wallet back.

2. I am also glad you refused any compensation. That was nice of you.

3. On a large ship with all the confusion of turnaround day, I would think 110 minutes would not be unreasonable.

4. I'm sure they had liability fears in mind as they kept assuring you there was no money in it when it was found. I don't know why that would be offensive to you.

I really do not know why you should have any complaints, especially since you did not speak up and tell them of your health concerns.

I hope you had a great cruise on the ship we will be boarding November 3.

Kathy

I brought it up only because it was asked on the survey what could have made things any better....

Although it is a large ship, we knew where the wallet was, it was 10 am therefore no one had gotten on the ship yet and I had hoped that by going back immediately I would save people the issues of passengers being on the ship.

I could see if we didn't know where it was, but I had the room number and therefore it could have been resolved much quicker then the time it took. They did inform me that it is normal for 30-45 mins to go by before being able to get the items back to their owners. The gentleman who wrote me the email stated himself that the time I had to wait was "far to lengthly"

IT was a WONDERFUL trip and we look forward to our next journey with RCCL. We have an Azamara planned for this winter... totally different then what we have ever done but very exciting. Also, I should tell you to keep an eye out for dolphins when you attend the Welcome Aboard Party at Sailaway. We saw our first every pod of wild dolphins jumping and playing while in Port Canaveral.

Sorry for your troubles. What a stressful situation compounded by your health issues. Let's just hope that they really follow through with implementing a better procedure for lost and found starting with perhaps (at least) a small waiting room. Imagine what would have happened if 50 people had left items in their rooms? You could have been on the curb all day! :eek:

Glad you were ok.

I brought it up only because it was asked on the survey what could have made things any better....

Although it is a large ship, we knew where the wallet was, it was 10 am therefore no one had gotten on the ship yet and I had hoped that by going back immediately I would save people the issues of passengers being on the ship.

I could see if we didn't know where it was, but I had the room number and therefore it could have been resolved much quicker then the time it took. They did inform me that it is normal for 30-45 mins to go by before being able to get the items back to their owners. The gentleman who wrote me the email stated himself that the time I had to wait was "far to lengthly"

IT was a WONDERFUL trip and we look forward to our next journey with RCCL. We have an Azamara planned for this winter... totally different then what we have ever done but very exciting. Also, I should tell you to keep an eye out for dolphins when you attend the Welcome Aboard Party at Sailaway. We saw our first every pod of wild dolphins jumping and playing while in Port Canaveral.

Totally agree with the dolphins!! Of all of our cruises, we've only seen dolphins one time and it was on our last sea day on the Freedom headed back to Port canaveral. My husband and I went out on the helipad and we saw about 50 of them!! Truly amazing :)

Archived