Questions, questions, questions

Radio Head

Forgive me if some of my questions are repeats of what has already been talked about, but I'm reading alot of conflicting information, and I'm hoping to get this sorted out before we leave. I'd truly appreciate it if someone could help me with my remaining questions.

Our beach day plan is to take a taxi or a bus from King's Wharf to Warwick Long Bay Beach and then move on to Jobson's Cove, and then to Horseshoe Bay.

1. How much should we expect to spend for a taxi from the Dockyard to Warwick Long Bay Beach and how long will it take to get there? How long would the same route take us if we choose bus vs. taxi?

2. How far is the walk from Jobson's Cove to Horseshoe Bay? Is it correct that Jobson's Cove is right next to Warwick Long Bay?

3. I know that Horseshoe Bay has restrooms, but do Jobson's Cove or Warwick Long Bay Beach have them?

4. How much is chair/umbrella rental at Horseshoe Bay?

1) Sorry, don't know for sure. A cab for up to four people will likely cost at least $20 (there is a surcharge if there are 5 or 6 passangers). Travel time is 20-30 minutes depending on traffic. Bus will take longer since it has to stop often to pick up/drop off passengers.

2) About 600 yards as the crow flies from Jobson's to Horseshoe. Since you have to walk along trails it will probably be about a half-mile or so of walking. Jobson's cove is just west of Warwick Long Bay.

3) Warwick: don't know.

Jobson's: don't know (but I doubt it).

4) Sorry, I don't know.

Taxi fare is probably closer to $30-$35. The #7 bus would be a less expensive option.

We did the walk from Jobsons's Cove to Horseshoe. I can not say how long it would take because we stopped so often to take pictures of the breathtaking scenery. There are multiple trails (some pretty rugged) including a horse trail, so that would factor into it as well.

We took the bus to the trail from the west side of Jobson's Cove and there were restrooms on the way down to the cove, but they were basically glorified johnny on the spot type. We walked past Jobson's Cove to Warwick Long Bay before heading back west to Horseshoe.

I noticed on the bus back to Hamilton that there was a stop marked Warwick Long Bay / Jobson's Cove that appeared to be on the east side of Jobson's Cove. I would reccomend starting there.

1. How much should we expect to spend for a taxi from the Dockyard to Warwick Long Bay Beach and how long will it take to get there? How long would the same route take us if we choose bus vs. taxi?

*** well, the taxi we took to save time (due to long lines waiting for bus at Horseshoe, even before 3pm) costs $35, but since we filled it with 7 people across 2 parties, it was just $5/person... well worth it if you can fill! I'd say the time it took for bus and taxi is about the same, roughly 30-40 minutes.

2. How far is the walk from Jobson's Cove to Horseshoe Bay? Is it correct that Jobson's Cove is right next to Warwick Long Bay?

*** we did this walk 2 years ago, and I'd say it was a good half mile but well worth it also; Jobson's is directly next to Warwick.... check out this pic I labelled from the Warwick/Jobson's bus stop >

http://groups.msn.com/ThePizzulloHomePage/bermuda2005.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=834

(may need to copy whole url which ends at 834)

3. I know that Horseshoe Bay has restrooms, but do Jobson's Cove or Warwick Long Bay Beach have them?

*** as previous post indicated, there's a glorified outhouse there; there's also a guy who sells chairs and other assorted stuff/drinks

4. How much is chair/umbrella rental at Horseshoe Bay?

*** don't know, but believe the Warwick rental was $10

If interested, you can check out the rest of my last week's trip here>

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=200117

Wish I was till there! Enjoy!

Archived