Help! Is school ID OK?

Giron75

I was wondering if my 16 yr old niece can use her school Id as her photo Id. (I don't believe its "govt." issued). She is using her passport to prove citizenship. She does not have a drivers license.

If she can't use her school id, what other options do we have?

Thanks in advance!!!!!:D

If she has a passport that has her photo on it and that is all you need. The photo ID is needed when you only have a certified birth certificate. Usually under 16 only needs the BC anyway since they know most don't have a Drivers permit with photo. They will take your photo for your sail and sign card which will allow an updated photo for children for getting on and off the ship in ports. Be sure her passport has not expired as chidren's passport expire sooner than adults.

F5Loar, thank you!!! You've set my mind at ease, I was actually starting to lose sleep over these types of issues. I coordinated this "family" cruise for 22 people and would feel awful if someone couldn't go b/c of photo ID. We all have valid passports and most have Drivers licenses (everyone over 16). But my niece fell into that crack where she is old enough to need photo ID, but not old enough to have a Drivers license. So if we have passports, we don't need photo Id too? Sorry to ask again, but as I said, I'm getting nervous something will go wrong.

Kimcruiser, we leave friday 7/8 from NYC on the Legend.....can't wait to get on the ship and not have to worry about anything anymore.

Thanks again to all that responded!!!:D

The passport is all you need, and is the best id you could have, it trumps everything. With a passport there's no need for other id's.

However, I hate to add to your stress but are her parents coming too? Because of child abduction many countries require notorized letters stating the minor is allowed to travel with you, sometimes signed by both parents. You should check into that, it depends which countries you will be traveling to.

Yikes! We are taking our granddaughter and had planned on getting a notarized letter stating that we have permission to have her. We have a birth certificate but not a photo ID.

Archived