Thank you everyone!!

MsVulcan

After RCI cancelled my trip insurance I was a little nervous about connecting flights and what-not getting to the ship on time.

I came to my friends on CC and read your recommendations about 3rd party insurance and was able to get some on short notice.

So thank you everyone who posts helpful information here! I really appreciate it!!

They said it was a glitch in their online system. I noticed it got removed when I made my final payment, but I caught it and added it back on. Later, when I went in to add a dinner reservation it must have happened again but I didn't think about looking at it since I was all paid up, including the insurance.

When I noticed a credit on my credit card statement from RCI I called and the nice but not-so-helpful rep told me there is a glitch in the system that sometimes deletes the insurance. Then she told me that even though she could see that I had ordered it twice, and paid for it, that I couldn't add it now since it was after final payment and I was sailing in less than 2 weeks. I guess what surprised me the most was that they didn't notify me of the cancellation. And there was no warning on the website that my reservation had changed. They just credited my VISA card.

Guest maddycat

In the future, purchase your travel insurance with in 14-21 days of booking your cruise and continue buying third party travel insurance. That way you will be covered for pre-existing medical conditions.

I use the Trip Insurance Store. Their website is very informative and easy to navigate. If I have a question I call and speak to one of their very knowledgeable and helpful agents. Lately I have been buying Travel Safe Insurance.

Good luck. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived