Late seating

mizzoufinal4

So I just booked our first Disney cruise this week for january. After I had already booked airfare and went through the cruise booking process I went to the dining sectoin and went to switch it to main seating and it already wasn't available for a late January cruise. What are the odds of me calling reservations and them switching me if I ask, or what are the odd of me going when we board and getting switched? We have a 3 and 5 year old and eating dinner starting at 8:15 simply is not going to work as their normal bedtime is 8. I realise they will be up later beacause we are on a cruise but don't want them to be unbearably crabby at dinner since its past their bedtime. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We booked a couple of months ago for January on the Fantasy and also could only get late dinner. I have asked to be wait listed as we will have an almost 5 yr old and 5 mth old. Saying that, I have done a bit of researching and if we don't get changed we have a few strategies to make it work. We will give the girls something to eat earlier on (ie around 4pm) at one of the food places that is open then and then go to the shows. That way if they are far too tired to eat dinner then it isn't a big deal and we will take the older one to the kids club instead of dinner. Not ideal but better than listening to her whinge her way through dinner.

We booked a couple of months ago for January on the Fantasy and also could only get late dinner. I have asked to be wait listed as we will have an almost 5 yr old and 5 mth old. Saying that, I have done a bit of researching and if we don't get changed we have a few strategies to make it work. We will give the girls something to eat earlier on (ie around 4pm) at one of the food places that is open then and then go to the shows. That way if they are far too tired to eat dinner then it isn't a big deal and we will take the older one to the kids club instead of dinner. Not ideal but better than listening to her whinge her way through dinner.

Just keep asking they do try there best for anyone with young kids and people do cancel cruises, switch cruises, or switch dinner, wish you all of the best of luck to get switched.

Thanks! Yeah I think that if we can not get switched that's what we are going to do is get a good snack around 4 oclock and hope that they aren't crabby for dinner. Also off subject... anyone know if there are made to order omletts for breakfast at the buffet on the wonder? Thanks!

Thanks! Yeah I think that if we can not get switched that's what we are going to do is get a good snack around 4 oclock and hope that they aren't crabby for dinner. Also off subject... anyone know if there are made to order omletts for breakfast at the buffet on the wonder? Thanks!

I was on the Wonder a few weeks back and in beach blanket yes they did in the centre station, aft of the ship.now if you joy want a standard ham and cheese they might have some pre made ones in a covered pan, if you want made to order, ask for it, or add something else, like onion etc.

My suggestion--call now (TA must do this if you used one) and ask to be placed on the waitlist for main seating. Then, call back at least monthly. In the last 6 weeks before the cruise, call weekly. Chances are that you will be moved, but the squeaky wheel philosophy works!

And, after boarding, you can go to "dining changes" to try to get what you need if it wasn't granted in advance.

It is a common misconception that main seating "fills up." This is actually not so. DCL attempts to balance the numbers in each seating. SO, if a group of 8 requests main, they will not grant main again until the next 8 people are assigned to late dining. At that point, main will again show up as available. The problem is that many families request main, so as soon as it opens up, it is likely to close with the very next reservation on that cruise. There is no way to predict when they will work the wait list, but they do check when your TA calls.

I say keep it. The reason why is because The Club comes and picks up your kids at DInner!! THey will bring out the kids food really fast they eat and you will be on an appetizer. The Club can pick up your kids. The 5 month old? probably would be ok just sleeping at dinner. I am telling you I enjoy my dinner and taking my time once my son gets picked up and when he was 2 I took him to the nursery with his PJs and they put him to bed. I came back and didn't miss much. I then went back with my stroller and rolled him right in bed. I will always have a late dinner on Disney. Simply the best!!1

Archived