Drinks package on Spirit

Has anyone been on Spirit recently, if so, do you know if they are still offering drinks packages. I know they were on offer at the beginning of the year, Thanks for any help ;)

We were offered the upgrade to all inclusive drinks package on a get 7 days for price of 6. Just under £200 each. This had to be taken on first day on ship. We always take the full wine package which was approx £130 for 7 bottles from a wide choice or reds and whites. It also included a bottle of champange and 6 large bottles of still/sparkling mineral water.

We had an onboard credit of £50pp and including our wine the final account to be paid was less than £400 This included 2 excursions we booked onboard at £50 each and £75 at duty free shop. Our true spending on drinks then was £500 less £175 = £325 a saving of £75 over the all inclusive. We are moderate drinkers and don't have speciality coffees and share a bottle of wine. Anyone over moderate would be quids in on AI, especially some of our table mates in Compass Rose who were getting through glasses of house wine like tap water.

We were on Spirit 3rd August out of Harwich.

Hi there, thanks for your reply, but that is not the package I was thinking about,. The AI is not suitable for us as one person drinks Guinness and another John Smiths, both have a supplement charge, so it bumps the bill up :(. The one I heard about was 35 cans for 84.95 which works out at about 2.40 , quite a saving;)

"The AI is not suitable for us as one person drinks Guinness and another John Smiths, both have a supplement charge,"

In a thread a few months back I recall somebody mentioning that John Smith's was the default canned beer on at least one Thomsons ship - maybe Spirit ?

Possibly because supplies of Boddington's had run out - that would be a bonus !!!

Guinness is certainly a supplement.

Ah WeeCountyMan, you are correct ,there is no supplement on John Smiths but £2 on Guinness!! When we were on a 2 week cruise with Dream, they ran out of JS,s both weeks. Think my husband will have to pay for a stock upfront.:eek:

We didn,t have AI so don,t know. My husband says that he was drinking JS smooth in cans, not JS bitter on draught, perhaps that is what is on AI. The full price AI is not worth buying in our opinion, we didn,t spend anywhere near what it would have cost us,

We didn,t have AI so don,t know. My husband says that he was drinking JS smooth in cans, not JS bitter on draught, perhaps that is what is on AI. The full price AI is not worth buying in our opinion, we didn,t spend anywhere near what it would have cost us,

Couldn't find bitter on draught on Spirit. Would always choose this over lager even though it was San Miguel. There were packages for beer but as cans only didn't take alot of interest.

Couldn't find bitter on draught on Spirit. Would always choose this over lager even though it was San Miguel. There were packages for beer but as cans only didn't take alot of interest.

San Miguel (the default draught onboard) is fine but I too prefer beer - John Smith's in cans is OK but I refuse to go anywhere near Boddingtons.

Wouldn't it be great if Thomsons could offer a better choice to beer drinkers - there are so many good bottled real ales that would sell well.

If only.

I soooo wish they would sell banks/carib/red stripe on dream in caribbean....I would even vacate my sunbed for that (must be drunk while leaning on something? in a laid back manner, trying to look cool, and exchanging anecdotes).... (aka liming):cool::)

As a real ale drinker I really struggled with the beer on board. Had bottled Taylors Landlord, and Fullers London Pride in the Caribbean, but not what we are used to. Think it said from Australia on the bottle. Tried John Smiths too. Sampled all sorts round the islands, some decent some very pilsner types. Can't see why they can't get selections of bottles out there, or even a bright cask!!

Archived