Scavi Tour

We sent off our request for the Scavi Tour of the Vatican on May 30th and received the automated e-mail telling us our request was being processed. I understand from these boards that it does take a significant amount of time for it to be confirmed. Because I haven't heard anything in over a month, should I be concerned that there is no available space on my specific date? Is that too long to wait? It was for a September 4th tour. They say not to inquire again. Thanks to all.

We sent off our request for the Scavi Tour of the Vatican on May 30th and received the automated e-mail telling us our request was being processed. I understand from these boards that it does take a significant amount of time for it to be confirmed. Because I haven't heard anything in over a month, should I be concerned that there is no available space on my specific date? Is that too long to wait? It was for a September 4th tour. They say not to inquire again. Thanks to all.

From all I've read, you need to fax a request no more than 30 days out. The number I have for faxing is 011-3906-698-85518. The fax should include:

-The exact number of visitors, and their names

-Language desired for the visit

-The time period you desire to visit

-Contact information for the time you are in Rome

My cruise isn't until October so I haven't done this yet. Please let me know if you know something different!

I think you can contact Scavi at any time; unlike the Vatican where you only contact them 30 days out. I sent my request to Scavi in April and got the automated response but have not heard any more from them. I did send another email yesterday since I forgot that they said not to inquire again. I got another automated response.I would also be interested to hear how long it took others to get a reservation.

I think you can contact Scavi at any time; unlike the Vatican where you only contact them 30 days out. I sent my request to Scavi in April and got the automated response but have not heard any more from them. I did send another email yesterday since I forgot that they said not to inquire again. I got another automated response.I would also be interested to hear how long it took others to get a reservation.

But aren't the Scavi tours offered through the Vatican? I got the info off their web site:

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/institutions_connected/uffscavi/documents/rc_ic_uffscavi_doc_gen-information_20040112_en.html

I sent my first enquiry in Mar. and never heard from them. Finally I E mailed the concierge at my hotel who contacted them for me...in Italian I presume..LOL...anyway a day later I received a confirmation of my tour, and a request for payment.

Karen

Thanks for all the information. I think I will email our hotel and ask them to check into it. They have told us they will make any reservations we want. I will let you all know how it turns out.

Glenda

• 1 month later...

Don't give up on hearing from them. I had requested this tour back in May and finally had confirmation a couple of days ago. We had given up that there was space. They even changed the time to the afternoon as I had booked the Vatican Tour in the morning. Perhaps it was because of the e-mail problem or maybe they just don't assign until close to the time.

Glenda

Archived