Where to buy Olive Oil &/or Pasta

drdaddy

Hello. We will be on a TransAtlantic in October. Our stops are Venice, Messina, Naples, Rome, Cannes, Barcelona, and Madeira. We usually buy our Olive Oil and Pasta at Campo d' Fiore. But last year, the experience was less authentic than in the past. I am afraid it has become even more touristy than ever. Although I guess we all ARE tourists, we try not to act like one.

So, does anyone have any recommendations for Olive Oil and Pasta, especially in Rome? We do not have a scheduled tour, just transport to the Centro Storico and then back to the ship. I know Sicily has excellent Oil but our stop was shortened by Princess; 6 AM - 3 PM. So our tour will be quite hectic and maybe no time for shopping.

Is Venice that known for Olive Oil? We are staying in Mestre so I guess we could get some at the local supermarket but not sure if the price would be right.

Thank you all.

We did a wonderful tour of Chianti when in Naples with Guido Bandinelli...one of the stops was at an olive grove where we tasted the most amazing olive oil.. We ordered a case and had it shipped home.... Wish we bought more!!!

We also did a lot of wonderful wine tasstings...

Long way of saying...maybe one of your tours might have a similar opportunity? Especially if it is something you love.

Archived