Busy Friday coming up at Canada Place!

Just a warning for anyone sailing from Canada Place (Vancouver) this Friday, September 6.

It's a "3 ship Friday" - 2 RCCL - Radiance and Rhapsody and 1 HAL - Amsterdam - so it will be very busy! I would advise arriving early (before 11am) or late (after 2pm) to attempt to avoid the security and immigration line-ups.

Thanks for pointing that out, I guess in a few weeks we will be into "repositioning frenzy" time; where did the season go? We seemed to make it thru the spring repositioning weekends without much complaint...let's keep our fingers crossed for the fall.

Just a warning for anyone sailing from Canada Place (Vancouver) this Friday, September 6.

It's a "3 ship Friday" - 2 RCCL - Radiance and Rhapsody and 1 HAL - Amsterdam - so it will be very busy! I would advise arriving early (before 11am) or late (after 2pm) to attempt to avoid the security and immigration line-ups.

However every other Friday will be a little quieter w/o Millennium

Do you know of any way to travel from Ballantyne to Canada Place besides getting a taxi?

We are jumping off one ship and getting on another and wondered if there are shuttles between the two piers?

You will need to go by taxi (or by vehicle, anyway). There is not a foot path due to the industrial nature of the port area. Vehicles have to go through a security checkpoint to get into the port area. I took a cruise from there (5 or 6 years ago??) - it was less than $15 from downtown Vancouver to the checkin building. It was also one of the quickest check-ins I've ever had - less than 25 mins from getting into the taxi in downtown to being on board with a drink in my hand... (I think I got there sometime between 11am and noon, IIRC...)

There are no shuttles that I know of - Ballentyne is now only usually used at the beginning and end of season, when NCL gets bumped down there. Vancouver might be getting more ships next year, but I don't know if anythings been released yet about piers. It will be interesting to see where they put the Solstice - I presume it will fit on the East side of Canada Place?

Taxi will probably be your best bet to get from one to the other. Which cruise line are you heading on to at Canada Place? Luggage drop off normally opens around 9:45 to 10 am at Canada Place.

Archived