Smoking on Deck 5

lindy sails

We'll be on the Eclipse port side cabin

6249. I read smoking is permitted on mid ship deck 5. Is the smoking area below our balcony? I called Celebrity and the rep I spoke with said it was forward on deck 5. But that's not what I read, If anyone had had this cabin or one close by and could respond that would be great.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your cabin is not directly above the mid-ship designated smoking area on deck 5; however, it is only about 4-5 cabins aft of the area. Since smoke rises and drifts aft when the ship is moving, you may experience some smoke. FWI, cabins 6237 and 6239 are directly over this smoking area.

6249. I read smoking is permitted on mid ship deck 5. Is the smoking area below our balcony? I called Celebrity and the rep I spoke with said it was forward on deck 5. But that's not what I read, If anyone had had this cabin or one close by and could respond that would be great.

Thanks!

Celebrity rep was partially correct as there is also smoking allowed on the port side forward section of Deck 5.

On Equinox, the smoking section was directly under the aft angle of the hump -- Staterooms 6237 to 6243.

I would move to the Starboard side.

P.S. If you call Celebrity reps, they, most of the time, don't have a clue.

I believe you will smell smoke from your present room if you were out sitting on the balcony. If you are sensitive to smoke, then I would suggest considering another cabin. No smoking on that deck on the starboard side. Or you could move forward or aft from your current location.

• 4 weeks later...

I was on deck 8 above that smoking area, and could smell it on our verandah (we had the 1st verandah on the slant, a 1A cabin - 8279). It wasn't OFTEN but it did happen. It didn't keep me out though (and I'm sensitive)

If you're sensitive to it being 1 deck away (I would be), move starboard or maybe forward of the midship smoking area.

The uncertainty of not knowing if smoke was going to waft onto my balcony would be too stressful for me. Just the possibility of smoke would make me want to change cabins.

We saw smokers outside of Bistro on Five on Summit, in case someone wants to avoid smoke on that ship

Shaco

On Equinox, the smoking section was directly under the aft angle of the hump -- Staterooms 6237 to 6243.

I would move to the Starboard side.

P.S. If you call Celebrity reps, they, most of the time, don't have a clue.

Gee, that's a broad statement. I've never had a problem with the reps, I think sometimes it the caller not knowing how to phrase the question and wanting a different answer.

[/color]

Gee, that's a broad statement. I've never had a problem with the reps, I think sometimes it the caller not knowing how to phrase the question and wanting a different answer.

Celebrity phone reps are unfortunately notorious for proffering inaccurate and inconsistent information. Often if you call three times with the exact same question you will receive three different answers. For some reason the reps seem to be trained to make something up rather than acknowledge they do not know, but will find out and get back to you. They also often are going by outdated scripts. Most have never actually seen a Celebrity ship. Fortunately the on board experience is generally a lot better; while I am sure there are exceptions, the telephone reps for the most part leave a lot to be desired.

[/color]

Great, then you call one of them and ask if a certain stateroom on an S-Class ship has the bed by the bath or the bed by the balcony. I'm not saying they should know, but most likely, they will not have a clue.

Great, then you call one of them and ask if a certain stateroom on an S-Class ship has the bed by the bath or the bed by the balcony. I'm not saying they should know, but most likely, they will not have a clue.

And if they weren't so busy answering SERIOUS questions like that they may have time to view the section BED LOCATIONS in their training manuals. Goodbye

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were in cabin 6239 on the Solstice on our last cruise.

We were right over the smoking area.

I booked the cruise months ago and forget about the smoking.

the first day I thought I smelled smoke from one of the balconies next to me

but was not sure, then remb. that the smoking was on our side. So for

us it was really no problem at all.

Hope this helps....

The uncertainty of not knowing if smoke was going to waft onto my balcony would be too stressful for me. Just the possibility of smoke would make me want to change cabins.

We saw smokers outside of Bistro on Five on Summit, in case someone wants to avoid smoke on that ship

Shaco

How do you get through life? If the "possibility" of wafting smoke stresses you out how do you survive in cities or driving behind a bus that is belching out black diesel smoke? Just curious.

How do you get through life? If the "possibility" of wafting smoke stresses you out how do you survive in cities or driving behind a bus that is belching out black diesel smoke? Just curious.

I know what you mean! There was this time when a friend stopped by my house to visit. I don't allow smoking in my house, so when he was ready for a cigarette I stepped outside with him. As we were talking we made our way down my driveway to the street. A neighbor two houses down asked that he put out his cigarette because it was bothering her. Two houses down!

Archived