Question regarding booking 2 rooms

webzila

Got a few quick questions regarding booking 2 rooms. This is the first time that we need to do this so I just want to clear up a few things.

Originally we were just going to book 1 stateroom for 3 people (Me, my wife and the toddler). Today one of the baby's grandfather said that he wants to come as well.

So we would need 2 rooms / 2 travelers per each.

The question is: when booking what would be the proper / preferred way to specify which people would be in what room

I was thinking of:

Room 1 - Me + Wife

Room 2 - Baby + Grandparent

I wasn't sure if kids had to be listed in the same room as the parents or if its fine to put them with a grandparent or if there is some other way to do this.

Any insight is greatly appreciated

We booked 2 connecting rooms for the first time on our upcoming Feb 2014 cruise. Its me, hubby, DS12, DD9, DS3 and my sister in law.

When we called to book, they put the girls in one room and the boys in the other room. It really didnt matter as far as our past guest status as all of us except sister in law have cruised with carnival a few times. When we actually get on the ship though, it will likely turn into Me and Hubby in one room with one of the kids and the other 2 kids and sister in law in the other room. The kids will likely switch out during the cruise as well. Now if one of the rooms has 2 uppers, well im pretty sure all three kids will be in that room. I dont think it actually matters who is booked in what room when you are talking about a infant/toddler and 3 adults.

The question is: when booking what would be the proper / preferred way to specify which people would be in what room

I was thinking of:

Room 1 - Me + Wife

Room 2 - Baby + Grandparent

I wasn't sure if kids had to be listed in the same room as the parents or if its fine to put them with a grandparent or if there is some other way to do this.

For booking purposes it does not matter how you mix and match this family combination because once aboard the ship, anyone can sleep anywhere they want. The only advantage to your example is it will keep the online Sail and Sign accounts easier to set up (no charging privileges for the toddler sharing a room with Grandpa) and will save you a few minutes at Guest Services by eliminating having to swap out room cards once onboard.

Thanks for the info everyone.

It sounds that it does not matter how we book the 2 pairs of rooms.

So I am guessing that it also wont matter that even if we book 2 rooms - 2 per room but once on board one room would have 3 ppl in it (me, wife, child) and the 2nd room would just have 1 adult?

If you want to purchase the Cheers package it would make a difference how you book since all adults in the cabin are required to buy it. So if, for example, you want the Cheers package, book you and your toddler in one cabin and your wife and the grandfather in the other.

I'm not sure of the current price of the Cheers program and couldn't find it on the Carnival site, but I'm sure someone can add that info here.

Thanks for the info everyone.

It sounds that it does not matter how we book the 2 pairs of rooms.

So I am guessing that it also wont matter that even if we book 2 rooms - 2 per room but once on board one room would have 3 ppl in it (me, wife, child) and the 2nd room would just have 1 adult?

Correct!

I just did a mock booking for 3 and 1, then for 2 and 2. The 2 and 2 was over $200 cheaper.

We've gone on several cruises this way because of this.

My husband and I in a room and mom and son in another. Once on board our son sleeps with us. No big deal and we are still able to get different state and senior discounts on the second room.

In case you want connecting staterooms, it's best to look at the deck plan, pick the rooms you want by looking for the triangle connecting symbol, then call and ask for those rooms specifically. For whatever reason, Carnival doesn't allow you to book connecting rooms online. Either one or both won't show up as available even if they are. Do it the cheapest way, then sleep where you want. You can link the rooms together for the S&S account or keep them separate. And if you want to purchase Cheers but say the grandfather may not want it, I would put him in a room with the kids so he doesn't have to buy a program he won't use much. Just a thought if you are considering Cheers.

Archived