Dinner Question - Caribbean Princess

Greg and Mary

I'm curious, will we have copies of the dinner menus in our room to aid in dining decisions? We want to go to Sabatini's one night and might do the buffet one night if we don't particularly like the menu for that night in the dining room.

I have already looked at the menus posted on http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/menusA.html.

Thanks for any suggestions.

:)

The menus are posted outside the DRs on the same day as the meal -- we have never gotten them in our room. If you are interested in Sabatini's or the steakhouse, you usually need to reserve very early in your cruise. There will be a desk set up outside Sabatini's on embarkation afternoon to do these reservations --- they will be able to tell you which theme is offered on which night, although I don't know if they have the menus there for you to look at. Also, don't forget the Always Available or the vegetarian items if you don't see anything that appeals to you on the main menu.

Do you have to make the Sabatini/Sterling reservations in person or are you able to simply call and reserve from your cabin?

For the first several hours after getting aboard, you can only make the reservations for Sabatini's in person at Sabatini's. They say you can make them later in the cruise via phone, but if you want your pick of the choice times and nights, it's best to go down to Sabatini's as soon as you board. I believe they open for reservations at 1. I am sure someone will correct me if I am in error.

The Monk

Does anybody have suggestions as to what nights would be the best to make reservations for Sabatini and Sterling? We don't want to miss anything good in the dining room.

When you make your reservation ask which night is Italian in the dining room. That way you won't be having it twice. We usually ask which is French night, for we don't particularly care for French food. I believe they have a list of all the special dinners.

Of course, you could always do lunch at Sabatini's and not miss anything!

B

Does anybody have suggestions as to what nights would be the best to make reservations for Sabatini and Sterling? We don't want to miss anything good in the dining room.

Try checking out one of the websites that has the dinner menus posted. Perusing the menus will likely indicate which nights you may want to choose alternative dining.

Personally, DH and I find the Sailaway dinner (out of Port Everglades) to be a little mundane, so we usually dine elsewhere on "opening night." The "Landfall" menu tends to be pretty dull, too.

Most passengers want to meet waitstaff and/or tablemates on the first night of the cruise, and the dining rooms are usually quite busy. Since DH and I choose "anytime" dining, we don't have to go to one of the main dining rooms for the "Sailaway" dinner, so this is a good opportunity for us to dine in one of the alternative venues.

Sabatini's and Sterling Steakhouse are both worthwhile alternative dining experiences, and you should do at least one of them during your cruise.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Archived