Minisuite on CP

pmcd404

We're thinking of a minisuite on CP october 1st 2005. What is the best deck, are some balconies bigger than others, or are some overlooked. What about stern cabins pro's and cons? Any comments or experience would be useful. We did Eastern Carib last Aug in cabin c242 - big balcony! What about the guarantee program - is it ok? We once did a trip to Spain on the 'guaranteed' room basis and the hotel was terrible! The tour operator said that's what we should expect when we take a chance!!

All of the mini suites (except aft minis if there are any, which I am not sure) have the same sized balconies. So it is pretty much your preference to location on the ship.

There are those few towards the aft on the port and starboard sides on some of the Grand Class Ships that have the extended balcony, but there is only one on each side. Not sure if they are like this on the CB as I really didn't pay that close attention to the cabins towards the aft on the sides.

Because the Coral Princess was already sailing when the Caribbean Princess had its debut. Now, it will even be more difficult with the Crown Princess out there as there will be three CP's if someone doesn't know the difference in the abreviations. :D

We're thinking of a minisuite on CP october 1st 2005. What is the best deck, are some balconies bigger than others, or are some overlooked. What about stern cabins pro's and cons? Any comments or experience would be useful. We did Eastern Carib last Aug in cabin c242 - big balcony! What about the guarantee program - is it ok? We once did a trip to Spain on the 'guaranteed' room basis and the hotel was terrible! The tour operator said that's what we should expect when we take a chance!!

Just got off the Caribbean Princess July 2.

We had a mini-suite on Dolphin deck aft. We were in D728 portside.

Very nice location, quiet area almost at the back of the ship. Easy access to Terrace Pool (my favorite), Horizon Court, Carib Cafe and Palm Dining Room.

The balconies do jut out, so if privacy while you are on your balcony is what you want, this would not be for you. We loved it. I think port (left) side is best for when your are in the ports and for sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale.

I personally like to book a guarantee. Just make sure the MININUM catagory you book is one you will be HAPPY with if you don't get an upgrade, and your are guaranteed that catagory OR BETTER.

Jeanne

Archived