Wine Packages

Sunshine Boy

Has anyone out there pre-booked a wine package for a cruise?

If pre booked did you receive your peninsular discount as you need to pay when you pre-book or at least you do now.

If you book on board and it goes to your on board account do you receive your peninsular club discount?

Following a discussion with P and O today you need to pay up front and you do not get your peninsular club discount.

For info

The prices on the P and o Page are different , i.e. lower, than actual prices available at least in part.

regards

Hi SB,

I can only answer part of your question. I bought one of the wine packages on board, there were several. The package I chose gave a good discount over the per bottle price and one or two of the bottles couldn't be bought individually. Yes I did get Peninsular Club discount on the final bill. Whether the package would have been even cheaper had I bought it before is not relevant to me as we generally have plenty of onboard spend to use up.

Cheers,

BR

Basically that is what prompted the question

yes you pay up front and no you do not receive ant peninsular discount in the process but it does appear, although not confirmed,, that you do if you buy a wine package on board. A little or more than unfair.

As for OBC i do not have any problem spending whatever i am able to obtain.

One additional bit of 'sharp practice ' from P&O

If you have any on board credit (including that given to anyone as a shareholder) this is used to pay for on board purchases first therefore taking off any Peninsular club tier discounts. e.g. we recently sailed on a 17 night cruise with £110 on board spend + £150 on board credit as a shareholder. On the first evening we purchased a 12 bottle wine package for £145 for which we didnt get the 5% baltic tier discount, nor on our next £115 of spend. This amounts to a hidden clawback of £260 x 5% or £13. Yes, its in the smallprint but still naughty!

Having just returned from a P and O cruise on Arcadia and regretting having booked a wine package where so many of the wines in my package were not available "out of stock" these were mostly the wines that I had wanted, and the restricted choice of substitutes were not acceptable. Would I choose a wine package again? Never, no matter how much they tell me I am saving!

Archived