Hilo Help!

cherbear4000

My sister will be in Hilo on NCL Pride of America. She is looking for excursion ideas either private or through the ship. So far we have heard of Volcanos National Park, Rainbow Falls, and the Black Sand Beaches. Has anyone been to these? What would you recommend? Can you recommend a tour company?

My sister will be in Hilo on NCL Pride of America. She is looking for excursion ideas either private or through the ship. So far we have heard of Volcanos National Park, Rainbow Falls, and the Black Sand Beaches. Has anyone been to these? What would you recommend? Can you recommend a tour company?

You can get to all three of those locations with a private your through Ricky or Mary Lou. We used Ricky and had a very nice time.

His website is http://www.rickystourshawaii.com/

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

Sailed the POA in July and used Mary Lous for both Hilo and Kona, and enjoyed them immensely:

<<http://www.marylousbigislandguidedtours.com/>>

VNP was the highlight in Hilo, you could easily spend the day there, steam vents, lava tubes, Kiluaea, craters. We also visited the orchid store (could have skipped that, and we did once we got there), Mauna Loa candy factory, the black sand beach, and Akaka (?) falls with a huge banyan tree. Out of all of them, VNP is the obvious highlight, and with enough time, I would even hike the crater (you can do this).

happy cruising to your sister,

el henry

Archived