Breakaway Ice Bar question

youngestof9

I was with someone over the weekend who said her sister was on Breakaway in July and had to pay $20 entrance AND $20 for the COAT?!?! For the 2 of them it was $60.

I spend enough time here and know enough about NCL to say I think she was totally mistaken. I haven't heard that at all!

Anyone know anything of this? I didn't want to argue with her, but I never ever heard that before.

I don't want to give NCL any ideas, but they certainly don't charge for the coat, right?!?!?

Don't understand where you get the $60 from. Surely 40 and 40 would be $80?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

They said $20 a person and $20 total for the coat (which I didn't get either since I got $80 when I did the math).

It all smelled wrong to me!!!

Not true. I did it last week and it's $20 a person and you get the coat and 2 drinks.

THANK YOU!!!

Not true. I did it last week and it's $20 a person and you get the coat and 2 drinks.

Same for us in July. The drinks are pre-mixed --from a set drink menu. Alcoholic and non- alcoholic.

Coat with hood and gloves are included.

Your drink is in a cup made of ice. :)

I was with someone over the weekend who said her sister was on Breakaway in July and had to pay $20 entrance AND $20 for the COAT?!?! For the 2 of them it was $60.

I spend enough time here and know enough about NCL to say I think she was totally mistaken. I haven't heard that at all!

Anyone know anything of this? I didn't want to argue with her, but I never ever heard that before.

I don't want to give NCL any ideas, but they certainly don't charge for the coat, right?!?!?

Nonsense! Cost is $20 per person and includes two drinks from a set menu as well as the coat/parka and gloves.

Can you make reservations on line or when you are on board?

Unless you want to go the first night or the last night, I don't think I'd worry about reservations.

We walked in one night ~8:30 and there were probably only 6 other people. I don't think it is like most of the other bars where people stay and hang out, too cold for that.

Reservations can only be made onboard. Haven't been on the Breakaway but on our Epic sailing, I went immediately after boarding to sign up our roll cal group. I am glad that I did because others from our roll call who did not go with our group had difficulty in securing an open time slot and finally got to go on the last night of the group like at 10:30 p.m.

Archived